Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just tried /target # at the AC spawn and it didn't give me any targets.
Well, since I haven't tested myself, I'll remove that part from the guide as it is irrelevant. It does work in South Karana though.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gg
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Sarnak

As well as being an awesome bard Zanderr is once again proving himself to be an all round good dude.

/target # always worked for me at quillmane and AC although in fairness I haven't done either for a couple of months.

I can also confirm that doing Quillmane on your own sucks, especially when you come across the corpse when running the routes.
<Asgard>
Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 AM
Sarnak

Excellent work on the guide mate, A+!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This still works (at least in SRO) as I just tried it about 2 min ago. You likely didn't have an AC ph up, there are two other different spawns on their own timer.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Aviak

Zanderr, i hope you dont mind me updating this thread.

Ive farmed approximately 30 cloaks post patch and I have a pretty good handle on what the deal is with the placeholders. You can check my EC tunnel forum thread for verification that I know what im doing.

Post patch, the "golden calf", as it was termed before, no longer spawns in the same place every time. Now, it roams in the same areas and on the same paths as the lioness spawn. I have identified eight paths that these placeholders can take. The black shape in this image represents the hill between the aviak tree and splitpaw. The placeholders can spawn on any of these paths and path in any direction along them. They may jump from one path to another after spawning, but these are all the routes they can take.

TL;DR elephant calf follows same spawn pathing as lioness

In my experience farming cloaks, it takes approximately 30 minutes of killing placeholders for one QM spawn. It takes approximately 4-6 QM spawns to get a cloak. I have had it drop on the first time, and on one horrible occasion, it took 18 spawns. The most common spawn has been the one near the lake ZL. The second most common spawn has been the centaur stables. The hermit house spawn is pretty rare. One thing to note with the hermit house spawn is that QM can path OVER the hill to the hermit house, or AROUND the hill to the hermit house. If you've been killing placeholders for over an hour and you still havent seen a QM spawn, the people you have sitting on the spawns probably missed one. It is honestly pointless to go with less than four people, three for spawns and one for killing placeholders. If anyone has any questions about QM, let me know.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Banned

Dude. It's a wiki. You can edit it.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Added parts of your input to the guide Kronika, see the bottom of the guide. Left out some of the personal anecdote information such as where Quillmane has spawned most often, but thought the map and calf paths were very helpful. Thus, they were added.

Thank you for the info.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
You were doing it wrong. Works for Pyzjn in QHills as well.
Closed Thread