Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Post "The 'Juiice'"

~~~
(cont'd):

...I couldn't bring myself to leave my shiny new *red* uniform back at the barracks, so I grab it and tuck it away into a large bag. Technically, I'm not supposed to wear it off-duty or while on leave or reprieve (...unless I'm being paid for the time.)

It seems that the trip between Freeport and High Keep is becoming more effortless every time that I make it. Unfortunately, I didn't think I could say the same for a tiny, barely equipped Gnome Warrior outside of the Keep. He couldn't have been any higher than 4th school...

I noticed him shouting into the distance, hoping for some sort of acknowledgement to reverberate off the cold stone walls of Highpass Hold, but there was nothing other than stiff, dead silence...and the occasional distant growling of some very pesky Gnolls...

"Gnoll area clear by chance?" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The poor thing. Initially, I realize the abysmally dire plight of his current situation, but after a moment, I'm more shocked and utterly confounded about how he even *got* here in the first place... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Luckily, I knew exactly what needed to be done, so I took off at full sprint towards the gate. I grab the attention of every single Gnoll in sight from the Keep all the way to the outskirts of the gate wall, and brace for the full impact of at least 5 different sets of weapons, spells, and gnashing jaws all coming my way.

"Come on! Hurry up!!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quickly, I motion for him to run by while I have the entire Gnoll population of Highpass Hold temporarily preoccupied with ending my life...

"OH MY GOD! Thank you!" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"I've been waiting almost two days!!"

The little Gnome safely scurries past me into the (relative) safety of Eastern Karana. Somehow, I manage to overpower the Gnoll onslaught and daftly escape into gorge some moments behind him. We gather our composure at cliff's edge and he introduces himself as 'Juiicebox.'

"They sure stretch you Northerner's out, don't they?" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I nod and laugh at his very funny comment.)

"Love the red, by the way. Go for it!"

He again thanks me for helping him into Eastern Karana and prepares to trek across the plains. I could tell that he was probably heading to Qeynos.

"I will tell the guard master at Qeynos of the northerner's kindness." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"And I'll use whatever clout that I have in Halas to extend the same to you...should you ever choose to cool off for a change." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I offer 'J' some parting help against the various griffons and other aggressive animal wildlife that he's bound to face trying to cross the Karanas, so I cast Invisibility vs. Animals on him and bid him a safe journey as he extends a final farewell line:

"Beneath their cold, gruff exterior hides the warmth of a heart of Justice..."
~~~

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(The 'Juiice')
Last edited by AkashicRecord; 11-11-2017 at 12:09 PM..
Old 11-16-2017, 09:55 PM
Kobold

Post LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

~~~
(cont'd):

...apparently I'm *still* cursed, because karma came calling quickly after starting my murderous rampage on all things wisp:

I must have lit up like a damn Ice Comet (especially from the perspective of one very rabid griffon) just moments after I'd managed to gather a small bag of Greater Lightstones from my current wisp bounty. It didn't take much to put me out of commission, and to be honest, I don't even know what actually happened, other than the searing pain of sharp griffon talons sinking into my flesh. Afterward, the griffon hovered over my lifeless body for a seeming eternity, as if guarding it like some sort of rare prize trophy...

Eventually, I manage to safely recover all of my gear and loot before continuing on West. Sometimes it's funny how I'll help someone one moment, and then blatantly disregard my own safety immediately after.

The long and plodding trail through West Karana seems to take forever as the sun goes down and night starts to set in. Suddenly, I'm assaulted by mental visions of werewolves as my innate fear of stumbling upon one takes a terrifyingly firm grip on my emotions and well-being. A cold sweat breaks out and even my eyes start to itch. A persistent cough starts to develop.

I immediately realize that I'm probably suffering a reaction to the plague that had ravaged the Karana plains not too long ago... I don't know of anything to help alleviate the symptoms, and to be painfully honest, I'd fallen behind on my shamanic duties, especially since I'd been so focused on joining the Reserve Militia; my medicine bag is essentially empty.

The murky, slime-green air becomes more pronounced as it gets darker. One of the Lightstones in my possession struggles to cast it's faint glow through the putridly dense vapor. Off the beaten path, I notice what might be a solitary campfire in the distance so I start heading toward it with my weapons at the ready...
~~~