Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter shaman duo?

I heard someone talking about how enchanter shaman duo is just as strong as chanter cleric. My friend and I are making a leveling duo and he's picking between cleric and sham.

Is it true this is just as strong a combo? Without CH does the sham just slow? How does this function?
Old 06-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Banned

ench + cleric more powerful being able to heal 10k hp for 350 mana is where it’s at. Shaman with torpor is almost efficient but slows dps by 30% also so not as good. I mean yea shaman also has malo. But enchanters can overcome that with https://wiki.project1999.com/Withere...of_Widdershins on a pet.

I’d say the combo more powerful than ench + cleric is Ench + Ench played by two pros, in a situation where there are ample pets around to grab if one dies.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

On my enchanter, I duoed exclusively from 17-55 with a shaman. At the lower levels, I felt almost useless since the shaman had a Fungi, Rune Etched Icewurm Fang, and Cloak of Crystalline Waters, which made face-tanking trivial. By the time we were in our mid-40's, it was clear that things started to even out, and by the time we were 50, I was doing most of the heavy lifting. It was a great experience, and the only reason I didn't continue duoing with him until 60 was because his RL got in the way of playing.

As a 60 enchanter, I've duoed with several level 60 shaman and level 60 clerics. Clerics allow you to take on tougher mobs, but an Epiced/Torpor shaman really add to the DPS.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

Its very strong because they can malo your pet almost ensuring a full duration charm. Plus they can handle the slows. However a cleric can insta stun your pet on breaks, and complete heal is just broken in terms of mana efficiency.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ench + cleric more powerful being able to heal 10k hp for 350 mana is where it’s at. Shaman with torpor is almost efficient but slows dps by 30% also so not as good. I mean yea shaman also has malo. But enchanters can overcome that with https://wiki.project1999.com/Withere...of_Widdershins on a pet.

I’d say the combo more powerful than ench + cleric is Ench + Ench played by two pros, in a situation where there are ample pets around to grab if one dies.
I know CH is amazing on charmed pets, but IMO it's the total cleric package that makes it stronger than the shaman. Amazing HP buffs, fast heals, stun and root help, and invis and lull and rez and so on utility from the cleric really, REALLY complements the enchanter. They do so much to make sure the chanter never dies, or that if he does die it's probably on a pull lull fail and the cleric is cleverly positioned to be able to rez him back in asap.

Shaman+enchanter is very strong too, but the sham just doesn't do as much to fill in the shortcomings of the chanter (low hp, squishy if a stun or mez or whatever resists), and the chanter is carrying the duo. And if the chanter dies, it's a hard reset back to the dungeon entrance to get rolling again. Not that malo on the pet, a superior slow that takes that responsibility off the chanter (or lets BOTH try to land slows on really tough stuff asap), some buffs and regen and heals + added DPS aren't great... but they just don't do enough to shore up the chanter's weaknesses.

Imo two enchanters is NOT stronger than ench+cleric or ench+shaman (or probably ench+druid). The chanters remain too vulnerable to a "bad luck" death, even with double CC, without hp buffs and heals. That costs you your camp, or it costs you a half hour of dragging to entrance and getting on a roll again, or whatever. Besides, even two charmed pets can't kill everything without CHs, and clicky CHs aren't something to rely on overall. You aren't doing puppets with 2 enchanters, but you can with a ench and a cleric or sham. You kill slower with only 1 charm (though druids can bring a pet sometimes, and shams bring their own DPS, even if it isn't charm pet DPS), but you are more steady and a LOT safer with a wis-caster along.

This is all at 60, though. Leveling up it's a lot closer between the 3 wis casters for the chanter duo since druid brings megautility with sow and ports and outdoor harmony and animal whatnots, and sham doesn't have OP torpor yet, and the cleric's CHs aren't even useful until the mid-40s or later. And without dealing with summoning enemies who do enormous amounts of melee damage, necro and chanter and bard all are great XP duo options too, and even mage and wizard and paladin and whatever aren't bad either, since the chanter is a lot safer in general and doesn't need the ultimate cleric buddy to keep him alive.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-27-2019 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Banned

I’m surprised you think cleric chanter is superior to chanter chanter. I prefer chanter chanter and chanter necro by a wide margin. Maybe it’s just cause I have about 35 root nets and zheart on my chanter I’m currently leveling. I guess we should clarify what kind of gear we’re talking about here. In the mid 50s now, killing things 1 by 1 charming is just sooooo slow.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Most powerful is by far Enc/Cleric. I don't particularly find it that fun though. There may be a few situations where Enc/Torpor Shaman wins out, but not that many and I don't find level 60 that interesting.

This wasn't listed as an option, but I prefer Enc/Druid over both of those for overall fun/leveling speed.
Last edited by Crede; 07-04-2019 at 03:47 PM..
Old 07-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

If you are comparing pros and cons of spells the access to Rez for a duo is not to be understated. You can literally try anything, even if stupid and/or inebriated, and laugh it off.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-04-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m surprised you think cleric chanter is superior to chanter chanter. I prefer chanter chanter and chanter necro by a wide margin. Maybe it’s just cause I have about 35 root nets and zheart on my chanter I’m currently leveling. I guess we should clarify what kind of gear we’re talking about here. In the mid 50s now, killing things 1 by 1 charming is just sooooo slow.
Big difference when leveling and twinked to hell compared to overall power of a combo, especially when you are dealing with summoning monsters. I did kinda mention this in my post.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-05-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Old 07-05-2019, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Chanter + chanter is a really strong combo even on summoners, you kill twice as fast and unless both pet break at the same time wich is pretty rare it's really easy mode. And even if both pet break at the same time you have two chanter to CC lock all the mobs.

Killing twice as fast also add a lot of safety to the duo, sure you have to blur heal pets and if you die you need to have a cleric camped around but I think the pros outweigh the cons.
Closed Thread