Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Default New adventure on red

Bored on blue last night so fire up red. First time on pvp server in 15 years. Somehow have level 2 gnome cleric on here, sweet. Roll with it. Zone in. Steamfont/Akanon dead, no signs of life.

Grind to 3 in newbie crater. Steamrolled few times by spider adds and coyotes. Haven't been a gnome in a decade. Solo exp sucks. Grind anyway. Run back to Akanon, beg someone for money, get 2pp. He cautions me, "Only buy what you need, get all your spells, life is cutthroat here, dont hunt in usual zones". Noted.

Get spells strike, blind, life noticeably improved. Now level 4. Decked out in full cloth and 2 backpacks. Loot a small bag. Hell yeah. Lootwhore the hell out of the zone with new backpacks and rusty weapons. Still no pvp action. Good, I suck. Sell everything, buy level 5 spells. Furor, root, gate, rest of shit too expensive. Ready to defend myself against onslaught of griefers.

Tired of Steamfont, run to gfay, hear an orc hill group is forming. Excellent. Told group xp bonus is enormous. Don't want to run back from Steamfont if dead so ask Swaglord, Iksar Necro for a bind. He says "no fuck you" then "come to noob". Not sure if trolling or binding. Goto lift anyway, he binds me, cautions "Watch out, Leduke is here". Make it to orc hill, see corpses of person I was talking to and friend. Panic and run back to lift. Ask them what happened, sure enough "Leduke, ranger with Lammy, red con, impossible".

Rally the group, they want to goto Crushbone. Advise them against it and we decide to run to Steamfont. On way there, Leduke spotted near Felwithe. Red con. He doesn't see me. Pray and run to lfay. Think we are safe and then Pained unicorn wrecks my dark elf friends. Laughter, it's indifferent to me. Thanks Brell. Beat them to steamfont, grind to 5. New spells amaze me. Ready to ward undead. Kobolds til 6 with group then skeletons and giant rats. Experience is incredible in group. Never solo again. Still no action but 2 new names show up. Group says one is high shadowknight, other must be the porter. We are safe. For now.

Get 8. 3 levels in 1 hour. No more bad mana regen, get new heal. Still no pvp but ready for it next time, dreading at same time. Server seems healthy. Some griefers, not unexpected. Low level group easy to find, group members very pleasant. Watch out for each other. Staying off beaten path advisable. Few hours on server already made handful of friends. Low population but server has high character and lots to experience. Excited for more.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome pal.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

For some reason the voice in my head as I read this was Bruce Willis from Sin City. Made it better.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

PM andain
Old 09-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 09-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned

welcome nice pick on class, if you already know cleric well you should have no problems learning pvp with it
Old 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Kobold

This was an awesome read. More please. Oh and welcome to Red.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

welcome to red. if you make a few friends (or even bring some over from blue!) i don't think you'll look back
Old 09-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

welcome friend.

i started a few weeks ago.. shaman is already lvl 42, and i'm a casual(work/wife/kids).

see you in game.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:41 AM
Kobold

1a read! Welcome to red!
Closed Thread