Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Bash change is a bit fierce. Did 35dmg earlier, now only 17. With shield. No shield has been doing nothing but 4dmg. =<

Mages bound to be pissed. Good stuff.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Fire Giant

Rogean: Pets doing 50% of the damage to a mob will now take 50% of xp If ungrouped.

Lame. Lower lvl's will never solo. I made a mage just so i can play in the mornings after work to solo. Looks like another alt has come to a end.
Darklotus [60 Rogue]
Cranial [55 Necro]
Cheechx [52 Ranger]
Chongi [52 Mage]
Dreadlord [44 Shadowknight]
Old 02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Ah true Lazy, didn't think about that.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Is the DS fix 10+ min duration? If it is the original 3 min duration I dont see too many people changing spell file [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah you need to change the pet rule for a certain class (ahem enchanter). There's no way in hell enchanters can effectively out damage their animations on a regular basis while soloing. Am I the only person who realizes what a huge mistake it is including enchanter animations in this exp nerf?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you need to change the pet rule for a certain class (ahem enchanter). There's no way in hell enchanters can effectively out damage their animations on a regular basis while soloing. Am I the only person who realizes what a huge mistake it is including enchanter animations in this exp nerf?
Agree with this wholeheartedly. Enchanters rarely do much direct damage, and practically never outdamage their pet. It's just not what they're about.

Was it this way in classic? I don't recall solo chanters getting a (nearly always) 50% xp nerf, but anything's possible.

Anybody know the answer?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

There is no way for mages to outdamage their pets without drastically reducing the rate at which they are fighting, either. Infact I'd go as far it say that just making 50% xp per kill as a mage using the smart soloing strategy will be faster xp than attempting to outdamage your pet and running out of mana every other fight.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Rogean: Pets doing 50% of the damage to a mob will now take 50% of xp If ungrouped.

Wow, hardcore nerf to mages for no reason. Why can't we just flat-out ban AFK levelers and leave the legitimate crowd alone?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wow, hardcore nerf to mages for no reason. Why can't we just flat-out ban AFK levelers and leave the legitimate crowd alone?
I still don't understand why removing the pet factions from the game is a bad idea. Somebody mentioned how exploitable it would be but I have heard nothing to back this up (since that's how it was on live when I played).

This fix basically just made it 50% slower to AFK level while completely penalizing any legitimate player with a pet trying to play for an hour or two a night....
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Kobold

I'm really upset at this pet xp nerf. It's ridiculous. It's completely without base and totally unfair. Did you even THINK about how this might affect Beastlords?! I will never be able to out-damage my Warder!

That's it, you jerks just forced me to reroll Berserker.
Closed Thread