Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segoris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a big fan of how fast mobs turn and face me as a rogue. I think it was way too easy to get a backstab in pre-patch, but post-patch I think it's overdone.
On live it was really really difficult to do.

That or i was just bad at video games in middle school.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

It was nearly impossible to pull off on live. It was WAY too easy to do here exploiting the turn speed.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Aviak

I remember it being difficult, but not to this point. Of course I could not be remembering right, or I could be a lot worse then I was at gaming before, but this definitely seems and feels a bit overdone.

I got to mess with this for about ~3 hours last night, it just didn't feel right. I'll test it more tonight after work.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Orc

Regarding the damage shield changes: so they are being changed to have an increased duration of 10 minutes? The level 49 spells for druids and mages had a maximum of 5 minutes on live servers in eq classic. Just curious why they are being changed.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding the damage shield changes: so they are being changed to have an increased duration of 10 minutes? The level 49 spells for druids and mages had a maximum of 5 minutes on live servers in eq classic. Just curious why they are being changed.
Because the way damage shields were working, it was causing sync issues between the client and server. They were put back to the original formulas, because they were allowing people to just zone, and have their timers reset. And that is much more of a problem, than having the duration be off. When we have more time, we can look into working out those sync issues, and then we'll see about nerfing the damage shields for ya.

Haynar
Old 02-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just so you know, I figured out why the duration was not working as originally planned. When the spells were set up to be like classic, the spell duration formula was set to the one it was historically. Unfortunately, that equation has changed. So a different formula should have been used. I know how to fix it now. Thats what a few extra hours of work does for you. Just make the checks out to "Haynar".

kk thx

bubye
Old 02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Orc

Sweet, thanks for responding so quickly. Appreciate the work.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Developer

Learning the workings of spells, and how to get them fixed, is way more fun than chasing down zone crashes and exploits. So I will be glad when I get back to actually doing fixes people will notice. Well, other than those who notice their little tricks no longer work.

Haynar
Old 02-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Banned

Haynar I would like to say Thanks! and you rule!

I don't know when you joined the project, but your hard work is much appreciated by others and myself. Rock f'n on!
Closed Thread