Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Default UI setup

I’ve been watching a few enchanter videos and streamers as I level to get some pro tips. People like Tecmos and the <Solitude> guys on twitch. They all seem to have somewhat similar UI setups. They have different boxed for their pet’s damage, their damage being taken, etc. Can anyone suggest a good UI setup for a chanter? I’m using DuxaUI but just have pretty basic boxes like Main Chat and Combat. What is the advantage to having these different combat boxes set up?

As a side note, I’ve also heard in a few videos people being able to tell the mobs level based on how hard it’s hitting. What’s the calculation for this?
Old 06-28-2019, 05:41 PM
Kobold

The big advantage to having boxes carefully split up is being able to see what's going on since combat spam can be sequestered away from your more useful information. I have a main chat that has very little combat info included so that I can easily focus on /group, /guild/, or /ooc chats, a tells box, and a "spam" box that includes the majority of combat messages.

There are other nice things you can do to ensure immediate awareness. GINA triggers can be set to alert you of certain critical events. Mine notifies me on resists and sounds an alarm tone when charm breaks. I have developed a Pavlovian response to that tone, sometimes allowing me to stun before an angry former pet even reaches me.

I don't recall the formula for critter damage below 40, but creatures level 40 hit for exactly 100. For every level above 40, the vast majority of creatures hit for an additional 4 per level. So level 46 hits for 124 max, level 51 hits for 144 max, and so on. Note that this does not always apply, as there are some creatures over 50 that hit for well above their "calculated" damage. Typically these are named creatures or special types such as the monstrosities in Siren's Grotto. But when you're fighting your typical Krup froglok, for instance, you can tell if it's within the range of Allure by how hard it hits.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 07-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

How do you make a melee window just do numbers? I have been trying to figure that out for ages..

Like I see people with the window squeezed up and all they get for combat spam is like

Old 07-02-2019, 11:52 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you make a melee window just do numbers? I have been trying to figure that out for ages..

Like I see people with the window squeezed up and all they get for combat spam is like

Right klick in the box -> Hit modes -> For what -> Numbers Only
Old 07-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right klick in the box -> Hit modes -> For what -> Numbers Only
I knew it would be absurdly simple and that I am just incapable of thinking "outside of the box" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread