Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 03:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
definition of a pointless post
...or the definition of guiding someone in a direction and letting them figure it out for themselves from that point. Such was how the game worked back in the day. No fast-food answers to everything. It's more rewarding when you accomplish something mostly on your own steam.

Lutes should be selling for more than 1.5pp, btw.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

All hail the self proclaimed everquest guru, a ceritifed expert if you would at everquest lore and gameplay knowledge.

all hail.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Fire Giant

Default The Only Iksar Necro Guide You Will Ever Need

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there guys,
Many years ago I played a DE nerco but only really started to play p99 when kunark came out. I really wanted to play an iksar necro but have no idea about where to go to solo. I'd prefer the old world, some nice big open zones to fear kite but Im also interested in the kunark areas.
What I have been doing is read up on iksar solo guides but they all seem to be either for later release games (POP, Luclin etc) or just crap.
Anyhow, does anyone know of any good necro solo guides or should I just wander around for a while?
Feel free to rant/flame/hate/point out how useless I am... as long as I get some good info along the way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Realize you're an idiot
2. Delete Iksar Necromancer
3. Re-roll Dark Elf

If you insist on playing Iksar (the AC/Regen bonus is pretty clutch for a Necromancer, I just have a fondness for Dark Elves) then only step 1 applies. It's the same as leveling anything else, just don't be retarded and stay the fuck away from guards.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulivar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
killing bards of various levels in various zones is always fun...not that I hate bards, they just seem to have full pockets
Misty Storyswapper is another bard behind one of the houses near the Qeynos Hills zone line in WK. She's an undercon at lvl 16 and drops a mandolin every time.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...or the definition of guiding someone in a direction and letting them figure it out for themselves from that point. Such was how the game worked back in the day. No fast-food answers to everything. It's more rewarding when you accomplish something mostly on your own steam.

Lutes should be selling for more than 1.5pp, btw.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2011, 05:20 AM
Planar Protector

Right back at ya. I find that the game experience is enhanced when you figure some things out for yourself rather than being spoon-fed constantly.

And perhaps it's semantics, but Lutes really were more costly than Mandolins, plus suffered from being heavier (without providing any extra benefit), and thus were seen as pretty worthless. The cost of Lutes were eventually lowered later on to compensate. Mandolins are what the bards in question drop, in any case...
Old 06-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right back at ya. I find that the game experience is enhanced when you figure some things out for yourself rather than being spoon-fed constantly.
Had he asked for a generally vague point in the right direction you would of been on the money with your post. But he didn't [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edwis - Enchanter
Nineteen - Monk
Kiral - Shaman
Gravesend - Necromancer
Old 06-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Planar Protector

Hmm, actually, this is what the original poster said:

"I really wanted to play an iksar necro but have no idea about where to go to solo. I'd prefer the old world but I'm also interested in the kunark areas. Does anyone know of any good necro solo guides or should I just wander around for a while?"

My advice to a new player would be, YES, you should wander around and discover things for yourself. That is part of what made the classic EQ experience so great. You were taking part in a living, breathing fantasy World and would go adventuring and find new things. If you were having problems, then you would ask around and try to get some guidance from other players.

I gave the player a suggestion about where to go by naming a relatively small Old World zone and level range. If they wanted further guidance, and continued the line of conversation, then I would have given them another hint. Helping people without doing all the work for them is the best route to take.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Realize you're an idiot

If you insist on playing Iksar (the AC/Regen bonus is pretty clutch for a Necromancer, I just have a fondness for Dark Elves) then only step 1 applies. It's the same as leveling anything else, just don't be retarded and stay the fuck away from guards.
Ya know, this post could sum up so much more than just playing a Necromancer, or even just playing an MMO (with a little language tweaking) lol.

Although, I have to ask, maybe I missed something, if AC/Regen is pretty clutch, and your reason for saying DE is fondness for DE, then how does going with the 'clutch' choice make one an idiot? Or did ya mean due to the potential drawbacks you see?

Just curious.. I went with the 'clutch' choice. But then I have a fondness for Iksar, and I already know I can be an idiot at times anyway. Just like everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Hmm, actually, this is what the original poster said:

"I really wanted to play an iksar necro but have no idea about where to go to solo. I'd prefer the old world but I'm also interested in the kunark areas. Does anyone know of any good necro solo guides or should I just wander around for a while?"

My advice to a new player would be, YES, you should wander around and discover things for yourself. That is part of what made the classic EQ experience so great. You were taking part in a living, breathing fantasy World and would go adventuring and find new things. If you were having problems, then you would ask around and try to get some guidance from other players.

I gave the player a suggestion about where to go by naming a relatively small Old World zone and level range. If they wanted further guidance, and continued the line of conversation, then I would have given them another hint. Helping people without doing all the work for them is the best route to take.
Please, stop posting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edwis - Enchanter
Nineteen - Monk
Kiral - Shaman
Gravesend - Necromancer
Closed Thread