Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzavie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You just got trolled by someone with troll in their username...

Hook

Line

Sinker
nah, he has like 15 accounts and is known for being awful at everquest.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what happens when Phinny is long past PoP and into later expansions?

Do you continue to play or just quit? What's the end goal here
I mean whats the end goal of p99? We are playing a 17 year old game here. It was never meant to be a game that people play forever. You play until you have had enough nostalgia and then you move on. For me. Playing in PoP is the ultimate in nostalgia and want to do it again. After that I may quit or I may stay for 2.0's but that's not the point. I am playing phinny and p99 to feel a connection to a game that I loved in my youth. Once I stop feeling that tingly feeling of fun when I log in. That's when I stop.

P99 is starting to get to the point where that tingly feeling is getting less and less. But phinny. I cant wait to log on each day and do the things that made me love this game all those years ago.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

I thought the goal was to yell concede after every spawn.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:07 PM
Banned

LOL ^
Old 01-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the goal was to yell concede after every spawn.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

stalker status
Old 01-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

[QUOTE=Daldaen;2435604]
only 15 hours of play time.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:08 PM
Banned

Also EQ is fun as fuck all the way up through Prophecy of Ro imo. I stopped playing shortly after that. But I think that was 99% cause my friends were pushing me to play WoW with them instead. I prolly woulda stuck with EQ through til SoD when they added mercenaries and destroyed the game. Phinny will be fun for a very long time yet. Lots of new content to enjoy. No 5+ years of Kunark and infinite Velious nonsense. Velious isn't a good expansion. Prolly doesn't make my top 5 even.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Secrets of Faydwer really ruined a lot of EQ to me.

They just started spreadsheet style gearing. Focus effects all went in the same slots, mod2s were just arbitrarily thrown onto gear in 2s and 3s rather than having to actually pick your gear to max specific ones. The group gear got to the point where it obsoleted any older raid content. Killing any drive casual raiders had to progress.

I kept playing for the raid content since it stayed entertaining for awhile. Quit before RoF because the race turned into "who can neckbeard, take days off work and raid at 8AM on expansion release" rather than "what guild can devise a strategy to beat the content quickest" like it was in Underfoot/HoT/VoA.

Also why I didn't choose to app to some of the Phinigel guilds which will undoubtably be raiding at 6AM on a Wednesday to claim server first on an expansion release. Stupid race is stupid. But atleast the way they choose to race doesn't impede my ability to enjoy the game the way I wish to enjoy it.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:31 PM
Aviak

Ahhhh sooooo excite for PoP.
Closed Thread