Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Sarnak

cool quidello go farm those plat !
Old 09-19-2017, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This item used to go for 2-3k years ago. It hasn't gotten any harder to get. What is up with these ridiculous prices. The camp is soloable by certain classes even. Don't buy from these people. They are jacking up prices on each other's threads.
They used to go for 2-3k when Enchanter's couldn't loot the gear they gave their pets, so it was useless for anyone except Ranger's or people that wanted to blow 3k on a pet and never get the dagger back.

Said it in the 18k thread, but in my experience it's by far the rarest drop in South.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Aviak

At what point in EQ could enchanters not loot gear they give pets? You just break the pet and kill it to get your stuff back. That is how it has always been.

18k is just lol.

If you are marketing this item at this price to enchanters, that in itself is laughable because any enchanter who can afford that can easily farm this himself while making more than that on the other incidental drops. Now I really know this is a scam. Would not be surprised if every account on these threads is the same guy.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what point in EQ could enchanters not loot gear they give pets? You just break the pet and kill it to get your stuff back. That is how it has always been.
Uhh for most of the lifetime of this server you couldn't loot gear you gave Enchanter pets. I'm not going to look up the patch, because literally every Enchanter ever knows this to be true.

And yeah we are all the same people, I post here all the time so that one day I could exploit the Steel Hilted Flint Dagger market lol gtfo of here.

Have fun farming it. Keep us updated. If you go in South explicitly for this dagger, see ya in a few weeks.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Aviak

Ok, at least say the year the patch went into P99.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

2014 was the year

Bug Report Thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=150023

Dec 1st, 2014 Patch Notes: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=173108
Quote:
Haynar: Giving items to charmed pets, will be lootable when pet is killed. This does not apply to some mobs who have quests associated with them.
Old 09-19-2017, 11:02 AM
Aviak

Thank you for looking that up Kavious. That was around the time i joined the server, so I just falsely assumed it was like that when I saw people looting weps from pets. My bad.

So a 2014, almost 2015 to be generous, patch justifies a sudden massive price hike on an item in late 2017. Hmmmm, ok....

I doubt that the dagger was the deciding factor in his fight, though, so I wouldn't call it priceless.

I don't even want this for my enchanter. I don't really need it. Sounds like a fun toy, I guess. I just wanted to see exactly what you described with my ranger at max dex, so I am going to farm it. Easy camp. I actually had one of these at one point, but I sold it for 3k to a ranger friend of mine who stopped playing a while back.

Anyway, the only reason I jumped in this thread was because of how incredibly suspicious the first few posts were.

Sold this for 18k before....

I bought it for 18k and got drums of the beast right after buying this item for 18k...

8k?!?! No way, man, I'll buy them all for 10k to flip them for 12k!!!!!111!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

In my view, the primary factors in the recent price jump are:

1) The highlighting of the power of the dagger on Twitch (i.e. Nybras)

2) The rarity of the dagger (folks having posts on the forums, spamming in EC, for a solid while without getting the dagger)

3) Those who are buying the dagger tend to have a lot of plat (enchanters farming top tier plat camps)

Triple emphasis on 1). Given the rarity of the dagger and the fact they occasionally poof when a charm is killed, I am not surprised that a little enthusiasm has jacked the price up considerably.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Zati!

I found you![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread