Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 05:13 PM
Aviak

Default Transferring items

Hello, if I have someone transfer items to an alt and I screen shot the chat of them agreeing to trade the items and they end up taking them would a GM be able to get the items back? I want to transfer my fungi and a few other items to an alt but I dont want to be scammed. I havent played in a few months so none of my characters are in any guilds atm. I also dont want to risk doing a ground transfer. Thank you.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

I've heard they will enforce it but I'm not sure that's written in policy anywhere. Might depend on the GM that catches your ticket.

Personally I wouldn't trust a random with a high value transfer. I would just do a drop transfer myself. Perfectly safe if you do it right, unless the server crashes in the ~30 second window you are doing it.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Aviak

I have 2 accounts so if I'm transferring it to my other account it'll be on the ground longer then the 30 seconds to go from camping > character select > loading back in which makes it riskier
Old 10-20-2020, 09:20 PM
Banned

Find someone from a reputable guild and the chance they take your stuff is basically zero. Some guy asked me to xfer a bag for him back in 2015 just because of my guildtag (kittens), and he proceeded to hand me a bag with about 5 million plat worth of items. He logged on his other character and I handed him back the bag. Ezpz.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:32 AM
Sarnak

I've done many a transfer for random people in the tunnel before. Always willing to help a random stranger. Thievery ain't cool.

Hit me up if you need help.. Almightie / Acapell / Vador98#9022 on discord.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:27 AM
Kobold

most dial a ports will do it
Old 10-21-2020, 04:49 AM
Planar Protector

Pick any well geared raider... 0 risks... I personally wouldn't even considering messing with elder beads or rarer shit.... Worth little conpared to the time invested...
Old 10-21-2020, 04:56 AM
Decaying Skeleton

"You can trust me."
~Name Unknown, banned for RMT
Old 10-21-2020, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

What bodenn said, it's part of the service they offer and I imagine if one of them tried something they wouldn't be in the guild for long. I've actually used them to 'mail' an item to a character in a different zone (I moved the char to the rings first).

Having said that, I've had random people ask me to do trades in the tunnel and I always comply (if I'm not afk!). Had someone hand me a fungi just last week! (I assume he did a /guildstatus and saw I was an officer of Castle so maybe he felt safer, but it didn't come up).

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 10-21-2020, 06:14 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the advice guys. It took me forever to save for a fungi and it would totally suck to have it stolen.
Closed Thread