Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by San'Drax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Treasure hunting guide doesn't help. But I have read it and followed it earlier in my p99 career.
If I were an SK trying to make money... idk, maybe there are some epic quests MQ's you can figure out how to do since youre a dpsey tank, you can prob get a crew of people you can pay to help too like fishermen do IRL

Join a raid guild and sell non no drop items with DKP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Be one of those people constantly forming groups for fungi king

idk I'm just trying to throw out some ideas
Old 09-07-2021, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

I appreciate the idea, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm gonna look at some epic stuff that is a pita and maybe carve a niche there
Old 09-07-2021, 05:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does your spidey sense tingle when one of these types of posts appears?
Heh, I just got lucky on this one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But the whole reason I started the Treasure/Per-Level guides in the first place is that the forums used to get tons of posts like this asking for places to get loot/XP. I thought "this is a dumb system: why have a million people ask the same question, with slight variations, a million times, and then each time get a random sampling of answers?"

So, I made the pages specifically to answer posts like these.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:14 PM
Kobold

How is your gear? Lieutenants at Kael 4 way drop Thurg armor. It’s a slog and clearing ph’s sucks but you can also get giant helms and vendor trash
Old 09-07-2021, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

I did that a few hrs the other day (Kael 4way). No armor drops lol
Old 09-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by San'Drax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can drop, it's just rare., including the mobs near plate house.
I know a necro who farmed 4way, setting up camp in the north path.
it's just really rare.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You can get good luck at 4 way, it is just very sporadic at times. When I killed lieutenants at 4way on my Shaman I got like 3 or 4 plate legs, 1 or 2 breastplates, and 3 or 4 leather bracers, as well as a decent amount of lesser valued pieces over the many hours I spent there. It isn't quite as consistent as I would like, but you can make decent money if you put the time into in. But I do not know if it is worth more than just grinding a consistent 200-300pp per hour at guards. I didn't do a calculation to determine how much plat I got vs. hours invested.
Old 09-08-2021, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Geonids in CC or guards in felwithe (make sure you have at least shralok packs) will be the best for guaranteed PPH.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

If you're looking for mostly pure plat, a very overlooked spot is droga. Make sure you have a ton of empty bag slots before you go, the armor there sells for 15p-30p (or more?) depending on which piece. Just as importantly, you can farm stacks of goblin skins and the salts for chardok faction which sell pretty good. Additionally, if you can grab either chief camp or SS camp, you have a chance for idol of the thorned or earring of essence for some additional pp potential.

Edit: It's a much more consistent camp that some of the other ones mentioned, you kill lots of mobs and the armor pieces and skins accumulate fairly quickly
Old 09-08-2021, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

What level are you? Yea guard FS would be best. I guess Droga as well but that’s a slog with a knight.
Closed Thread