Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Default EQ TLP: Mischief and Thornblade

I couldn’t find our original thread. Post what server and characters you have and maybe we can get some groups going.

I’ve got a group of people on Mischief. My characters are Resken a 9 bard and Kell the lvl 5 monk.

Add me on friends list if you’re over there!

Last night we were in crushbone killing the task master and I ended up getting a weird bard flute I’ve never seen before with the randomized loot.

It’s not classic eq but it’s still been enjoyable.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-29-2021, 12:07 PM
Banned

Xeratul, level 45 Erudite Cleric on Thornblade. Quite a few P99 players over here.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Valessar level 18 ranger on Mischief.

I've got a fun racket going. I figured out you can buy broadswords for a couple silver off newb vendors, melt them down into bricks, and beat them into sheet metal to make banded for 1/10th the price. A lot of work but plat is scarce for me as I don't know the in's and out's of TLP.
Last edited by Lune; 05-29-2021 at 12:52 PM..
Old 05-29-2021, 12:51 PM
Banned

Kerra Isle is OP for loot in mid teens. Polished Granite Tomahawks, Obsidian Shards, Cloak of Shadows, Runed Circlet etc.

Unrest Fireplace: Pearl Kedge Totem, Reed Belt

Unrest Basement: Runes Lava Pedant, Ring of the Ancients, Guise of Deceiver, Siryn Hat with 13 charisma

Kobold Royals: FBSS, SMR
BNB: hammerhead helm, SSoY

Some of the more common stuff I’ve gotten so far. Not even close to everything.

PS. A totemic HELMET dropped earlier. Yes, a quest item dropped... Oh also got a ravenscale breastplate. No rubicite yet. Honestly too much loot to remember really. They said since classic is short the drop rates are turned up.
Old 05-29-2021, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

40 wizard here.

Seriously loot is insane and server is fun.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

They kind of fucked it all up with the absurd abundance of loot. Regular rares drop up to five items at a time (and spawn more often) and raid bosses apparently drop 20+. A streamer also got dragon loot off of a random spite golem, but that was quickly hotfixed, so it appears to have been a bug. The fact that they haven't hotfixed the 5 items from rares and 20+ from raid bosses tells me it's intended and staying. In that light, the server has no real future as it will be so saturated with gear that it'll be a joke. You'll clear NToV twice and get full BIS for the whole guild. It's a joke server already.
Old 05-30-2021, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

well, that got hotfixed.
this week-end, rares are 50% more likely to spawn so obviously, loot abound but still.

I think it alleviate the chokepoint of having only one mob drop the item.
it adds excitement of hunting even in an out of place area.

I don't know.
I like it.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They kind of fucked it all up with the absurd abundance of loot. Regular rares drop up to five items at a time (and spawn more often) and raid bosses apparently drop 20+. A streamer also got dragon loot off of a random spite golem, but that was quickly hotfixed, so it appears to have been a bug. The fact that they haven't hotfixed the 5 items from rares and 20+ from raid bosses tells me it's intended and staying. In that light, the server has no real future as it will be so saturated with gear that it'll be a joke. You'll clear NToV twice and get full BIS for the whole guild. It's a joke server already.
Honestly I think it just raises the floor closer to the ceiling. P99 blue also has an absolute glut of items due to its extended time period, but the most desirable items are typically still valuable. For most of p99's lifetime you could pick up certain high end dungeon/raid items for hundreds of pp in EC.

I think it will have the wonderful effect of making all the bot armies and box armies pointless.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noselacri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not every server is meant to be an insufferable hemorrhoid inducing rage affair.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Lune that is clever!