Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you have offspring/children?
Yes, and I’m still with the mother/father. 20 48.78%
Yes, not with mother/father, still support child. 1 2.44%
Yes, but I’m a dead beat. 2 4.88%
Yes, but kids are grown now. 3 7.32%
No. 15 36.59%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

waiting on a few big talkers to show their worth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2021, 03:15 AM
Banned

I've actually noticed that the only people our age who are interested in re-living the nostalgia are usually single people. Like I heard about P99 during one of my deployments. It wasn't actually out, but it was being talked about and me and another soldier would talk about the game for hours and how bad we wanted to play it when we got the chance.

I contacted him for the first time about 6 months ago and asked him if he ever tried it. He's now married with kids and pretty much told me there's no way he could ever consider playing a game like EverQuest again. Same with all of my high school friends who were even more addicted to this game than me. It hasn't peaked their interest because of the fact that they have a wife and kids.

Honestly IDK if I would have wasted my time playing this game if the pandemic didn't happen. Even on TLP it's kind of hard to play a game like this casually.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Voted in the poll
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've actually noticed that the only people our age who are interested in re-living the nostalgia are usually single people. Like I heard about P99 during one of my deployments. It wasn't actually out, but it was being talked about and me and another soldier would talk about the game for hours and how bad we wanted to play it when we got the chance.

I contacted him for the first time about 6 months ago and asked him if he ever tried it. He's now married with kids and pretty much told me there's no way he could ever consider playing a game like EverQuest again. Same with all of my high school friends who were even more addicted to this game than me. It hasn't peaked their interest because of the fact that they have a wife and kids.

Honestly IDK if I would have wasted my time playing this game if the pandemic didn't happen. Even on TLP it's kind of hard to play a game like this casually.
The only way I could make it work is over time I just learned to play casually in the sense that I will just jump on a toon and find a named spawn, split the spawn up in a way where I can kind of afk for 10 minutes if I need to. If someone comes along and asks for the spawn I will give it to them and repeat the cycle on another toon or afk and just buff/heal them or something.

I don't think you can really have that experience outside Everquest, DAOC, Ultima, or Asheron's Call. I just play EQ cause the population is so high and that's part of what makes me feel immersed and part of the "world" even while playing so casually.

MMORPGS lately just changed to a hyperactive all inclusive kind of style where this stuff wasn't necessary, Instancing and all sorts of crap changed this dynamic. Sure playing WoW casually makes more sense, but it is meaningless to me, purposeless. There is a philosophy behind EQ compared to the newer stuff I find, and it accommodates this play style if you adapt to it in a way.

So ya, I had to definitely change my play style for sure but I am much healthier gamer now for it I think as I am not so toxic and competitive, I actually just enjoy being part of it. But ya, I don't play with people regularly any longer. I was kicked from so many groups for being afk too long changing diapers or something lol, I got the hint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Shawk; 06-04-2021 at 04:25 AM..
Old 06-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

Too many crusty socks here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2021, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
waiting on a few big talkers to show their worth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to hear from Toxigen and G13.

Let's see what they've brought for the war. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2021, 10:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgasari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to hear from Toxigen and G13.

Let's see what they've brought for the war. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They are both #3 and will not vote, maybe #5.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:24 PM
Banned

I can't vote because I have full custody of my children, and I don't collect child support.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't vote because I have full custody of my children, and I don't collect child support.
#1, father and mother, ez.

ps, respect.
Old 06-04-2021, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1, father and mother, ez.

ps, respect.
#2 he's not with the mother and support doesn't mean child support payments
Closed Thread