Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 03:26 PM
Aviak

Default How to fix P99?

P99 is actually basically fine and they just need to add in a custom Illusion: Froglok spell that can be purchased and used by player enchanters. Wouldnt that be fun? Youd be a little Froglok runnin around!
Old 01-10-2022, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

p99 is the best game since 1999, no need fixing

custom content on blue involving current deities would be cool tho , like, put the sleeper back in an event of give it a sort of cycle
Old 01-10-2022, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Haha yeah, all joking aside, I think people really don't appreciate what we have here, it genuinely is so much fun. I think one of my favorite things are the pickup groups. I love having to make weird non-synergistic combinations work and trying to figure out how to keep the HP flowing or having to do crowd-control with a non-optimal skillset. You wind up with some of the craziest groups in this game, and I love it.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:55 PM
Banned

more unicorn summoning elf jannies will fix it
(lol)
Old 01-10-2022, 05:02 PM
Kobold

Remove Detoxx and Furoar and 99% of the problems would disappear
Old 01-10-2022, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove Detoxx and Furoar and 99% of the problems would disappear
This. Perm ban of nearly all the toxic V leadership that made p99 into an esports game.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

They need to address a server that will be stuck in the current state in perpetuum.

Bring the Sleeper and his warders back every few years, random removed items returning through different mechanics, more best of the best style events, etc.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Requesting changes to Classic EQ is like requesting DLC for the original Duckhunt/Mario game..
Old 01-10-2022, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

P99 is pretty good, certainly more good than bad.

In terms of raiding, I'm okay with leaving that part of the game for the obsessive types because the loot is unnecessary for normal activities anyway. They can have temple veeshan--I don't care about it. I do gripe when raid-related problems spills over into the normal parts of the game. I don't particularly like when raid guilds are seemingly allowed to train my little groups in their pursuit of pixels and face no repercussion for it. As long as they keep to themselves and don't bother me I don't much care what they do or how many Vulaks they monopolize.

Otherwise, Bards have long since turned into the scum class of norrath and should be permanently reduced to maximum 4 target AE. They ruin numerous zones, constantly train people and generally cause trouble, and are the most consistent problem I run into in the course of normal gameplay.

On balance, those problems are pretty modest given the vast scope of the game world.

Danth
Old 01-10-2022, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

I think they should implement in game titles for people that get to level 60 with No Time To Rez. Duerkal should get the title "the Undying" cause he was first, and anyone who subsequently completes the achievement gets a standard title. This gives the try hards something else to do and reduces strain on camps
Closed Thread