Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 01-26-2022, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior Help

Hey All,

So my warrior is currently level 52. Solo'd from 1-51 due to shortage of groups in that level range. Now that I’m 52, the exp has slowed way down. I love grouping but am having a heck of a time finding one. KC is packed to the gills, velks & hole are sparse, and no one wants 2 warriors in their group. I am fairly well geared and can handle soloing but would appreciate some advice. Do I just stick it out and keep trying to find a group somewhere? Should i continue soloing and where?

Thank you!
Old 01-26-2022, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

I'm very interested to see responses to this as well. I too have a level 51 warrior trying to find groups in the extremely crowded KC, lol.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

You can try the goos in Wakening Lands. There is a large open room with like 5 or 6 goos that are all far enough apart to where you can solo pull them by default. They are great xp and money at least until 57. They are also very easy for Velious mobs. On my Shadowknight I was face tanking them at level 56 and 57 just fine, no need to fear kite. But it may be tougher at 52, I haven't tried them at 52. It probably depends on your gear, which is unknown right now. The super nice thing about the goos is when they die, they spawn two low level goos. They drop the items (not the big goo), which means you get a 2x shot at a good vendor trash money item each kill. Also, because they are low level, they are great lifetap targets. They shouldn't really do any significant damage to you due to the level difference. If you have 2x bloodpoints, you will generally get a few procs off of the two low level goos to help quickly recover for the next fight.

I am not sure how well warriors can solo higher level guards. Kaladim Guards will probably be too hard, since they all have shields and dual wield with their shields lol. They hit like a truck. Felwithe guards cast spells and heal, so you really need to be able to fear kite them or interrupt them consistently. Since I generally play evil characters, I don't know too much about killing Troll/Ogre/Dark Elf Guards, so I can't really say how easy/hard they are at 52.

Maybe Butcherblock hut guards or dock guards would be doable. I think there are a few level 40 guards in BB, and they don't generally have two weapons or a weapon + shield for dual wielding, which will help reduce their damage. You can also sell their weapons at the Druid Ring merchant, who is indifferent to all. City guards in Classic can basically take anyone up to 55, at which point they generally green out sadly.

With the recent ZEM buffs there are some other solo options you can try. The trash outside of Karnors Castle should be pretty decent XP, and solo pullable if you are good at pulling roaming trash. You can do that while waiting in line for a KC group. I remember doing outside KC trash quite a bit on my Warrior when I was playing Live in 2000.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2022 at 02:39 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Solo XP sucks on war.

Who all shaman for duos in either velks or sol b. Maybe even city mist 2nd floor. Tons of good duo camps...basement turnkey area in kc.

Option b
Trio's
Find a cleric 45+ and an enchanter that knows how to charm and play well then you can go anywhere and win eq /nod

But ya don't be afraid to bug people to come duo or trio, most are usually happy to break from regular pickup groups
Old 01-26-2022, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Another pretty easy camp is snagging drakes in CS but velious kind of sucks for that due to mobs higher hp pool. Sol B like mentioned before is really amazing xp if you can get chanter cleric and wreck in the freeti area. But as soloing on warrior you will hit a hard wall soon where soloing anything is just gonna be slow and a huge waste of time. Best to make 1 or 2 friends to duo trio with...
Old 01-26-2022, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

I find when it is busy, the best thing to do is to walk up to the camp and engage with the group members there. Chat them up a bit, help out on a few mobs and the invites seem to come a little quicker.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-26-2022, 04:01 PM
Kobold

This is the main issue with Blue. Most people have statics or people they've been playing with for years. As a a warrior (or any non dps foer that matter) you should look at one if the newbie friendly guilds. I think I was watching a Yoremie Tesmi (spelling) stream the other night and they were wishing they had more warriors in their raid parties (think they had zero that night). Small chance it might have been an Ex Astra stream but it was one of the two newbie friendly ones
Old 01-26-2022, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

YT definitely needs more tanks

As far as solo warrior exp in the low 50s, you could kill the two factionless mobs in Lake Rathe. At least to 53. You could kill them through 53 but the exp really falls off. There are barb guards in Everfrost that are doable to 55, but since they are guarded they hit quite hard.

The glacier yetis in DL can be done till 52/53, but you’d basically be limited to the 2 wanderers because you’d need to be able to split the ones at the back of the cave.

Maybe you could do Grix in Swamp of No Hope? Or nobles in HHK? Solo warrior to 60 will be pretty tough to do efficiently
Old 01-26-2022, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

https://wiki.project1999.com/Dun
https://wiki.project1999.com/Eracon_Krengon

If geared enough you should be able to solo these guys. Single pulls. Banker faction so you will wreck your faction with Qeynos bank, but wont harm any other factions. If super worried about the faction there is a pretty easy quest that awards faction back with these guys as long as you do it before you go KoS. If you are a good race you start out pretty high and these guys give minor hits. I solod them on a 56 Pally fairly easily all the way to 60 (on just these guys) and was still apprehensive when I hit 60.

These guys are super easy kill and if you are able to solo them at 52 they are good till 60 and its in a city so 100 ZEM to boot.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

What’s the spawn timer on those convict?