Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What's Next for P99?
Green 2.0 : new progression server that eventually merges into Green 1.0 45 24.19%
Purple 99 : VZ/TZ server race based pvp 31 16.67%
Wipe Red99 : peak players is 30 anyways, will increase ms by 0.1 on Green and Blue 18 9.68%
Merge Green 1.0 into Blue 92 49.46%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2022, 05:17 AM
Sarnak

Default Blue and Green have been tremendous successes, what's next for Project1999 ?

Wutdo
Old 04-16-2022, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Bush towers?
Old 04-16-2022, 08:16 AM
Banned

I saw this thread as was so excited to see blue and green finally fragged.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Very disappointed 😞
Old 04-16-2022, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw this thread as was so excited to see blue and green finally fragged.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Very disappointed 😞
The day they finally pull the plug on P99 will be VERY entertaining. I don't necessarily want it to happen but I can't lie I would thoroughly enjoy watching the aftermath and mental breakdowns that ensue.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:19 AM
Banned

I genuinely worry about the well being of some people if they were to ever pull the plug completely. It would probably be good for some people, but others I think are too invested and couldn't handle that kind of drastic shock to their daily routines.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:00 AM
Banned

Ya. We seriously need the government to manage p99s sunset.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya. We seriously need the government to manage p99s sunset.
I agree. They've royally fucked up almost every single thing they've been involved in, I'd love to see the horrible mismanagement of their handling of P99. That would make things sooo much more exciting once it's all done.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

If anything, I actually find it more surprising how *few* old players are left. For example, I quit in Dec 2016. I returned a few months ago. I would say I've seen about ten players still playing from when I quit.

Kunark era is when the game grew a lot, so the list doesn't change much here. Detoxx, Liia, Franswa, Eratani, Faumieni, few others (apologies to anyone I forgot are the only people left I remember from that era.

Going back even further - Vanlla, and Guise/Manastone/Rubicite era I only know of a single other Vanilla era player who is still active that I knew personally - Eratani.

Over the 13 year span, I personally played for about one year after each expansion release, so about 3 yrs total. In that time I was in 3 (kinda 4) guilds - Inglourious Basterds, Rampage/TR, and Awakened. Of those guildmatess, I can think of eight people who are still active.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some people, but that's still pretty grim. I suspect the people who have played the most are actually players who began during Kunark or Velious. In fact, prior to.. I guess we'll call it "the zerg era" (when dragons were rooted for god knows what reason) - this game had a reputation for dying quickly as soon as every expansion was beat. Hell, in IB and Rampage we didn't even pretend to want to stay. I remember hearing stuff like "can we wake the Sleeper finally so I can stop playing" or "I wish Trak would drop the staff so we can stop logging on every 3 days". Awakened was the first guild I was in that seemed like it had intention of building something - which it did, quite well in my opinion.

Speaking strictly in terms of people who have played the most - I don't think there's much debate here - Eratani almost certainly is the leader. It's also worth noting he's one of the most well liked and well adjusted raiders in the game. Second place is probably Detoxx, and yeah, things do start to look grim. A lot of raiders today seem to be very unhappy, hateful people. I think the current rule structure fosters an environment where you are competing against your own guildmates as much as anyone else.

Unroot the dragons and Detoxx will have time to deliver all the pizzas again.
Old 04-16-2022, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I genuinely worry about the well being of some people if they were to ever pull the plug completely. It would probably be good for some people, but others I think are too invested and couldn't handle that kind of drastic shock to their daily routines.
There’d be other private emulated servers. Wouldn’t be as big but a knockoff alternative would likely spring up…is my guess

Emulated EQ isn’t going away any time soon as a concept
Old 04-16-2022, 02:10 PM
Banned

REEvREE