Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
John Wayne was a pedophile, coward who avoided service in World War 2, raging abusive alcoholic, hypocrite, and a sex trafficker. Look how old Chata was when he cheated on his first wife and met Chata at a brothel

In other words, the perfect conservative idol
Where is my John Wayne
Where is my prairie song
Where is my happy ending
Where have all the cowboys gone
Old 05-20-2022, 02:48 PM
Banned

and just like that, by spitting facts about one dead racist, a bunch of hypocrites get bent out of shape

sorry, fellas, facts don't care about your feelings.
Last edited by robayon; 05-20-2022 at 03:02 PM..
Old 05-20-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

In other words he was one-of-the-crowd in the Hollywood, a liberal stronghold, and was a pedo and racist.

Facts don't care about your feelings either.

Edit: John Waynes greatest sin was not calling himself a liberal, a heretic against the cult.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 05-20-2022 at 04:45 PM..
Old 05-20-2022, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words he was one-of-the-crowd in the Hollywood, a liberal stronghold, and was a pedo and racist.

Facts don't care about your feelings either.
Hehe this guy thinks I like Hollywood and limousine liberals just because I criticize the sleazebag John Wayne

I've been to LA once. Good mexican food, I'll give it that
Old 05-20-2022, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hehe this guy thinks I like Hollywood and limousine liberals just because I criticize the sleazebag John Wayne

I've been to LA once. Good mexican food, I'll give it that
Wouldn't go speaking for another man like that you vapid ape.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldn't go speaking for another man like that you vapid ape.
Let me know when you find another man, then
Old 05-20-2022, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

This is a great thread I hope it never dies.

Bill cosby is the fuckin shit i love the cosby show.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a great thread I hope it never dies.

Bill cosby is the fuckin shit i love the cosby show.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...1&postcount=23
Old 05-20-2022, 08:42 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolls are a type of competition.
So the problem with this is its just gambling.

Time = rewards. Competitively its just time.

Time = money.

Ppl give their money = time for rewards. It's straight up gambling. Rewards = time = money.

Gambling is bad in most jurisdictions.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2022, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm tired of "competition vs. rotations" conversations. Fact: some classic EQ raid mobs were competed for, and some weren't. More relevant fact: our benevolent dictators for life want competition ... and it's their server.

But, what if we took a different angle, and asked: how could rotations be competitive?

As a simple example (just to get the ball rolling), what if guilds had "bag limits" on certain targets (eg. only 3 ST key mobs per week). However, to encourage competition the guild that kills their three targets the fastest gets to increase their "bag size" by two for the next week ... while any guild that gets caught violating a server rule loses their entire "bag" for the next cycle.

What other ways could you imagine "competitive rotations"? Perhaps, if we can imagine something awesome, the staff might even try it in the future.
Unfortunately it's almost impossible to pull off what you are asking. Competition has winners and losers, where-as rotations do NOT have losers. Once you try to add the concept of losers back in to rotations, you basically just end up at competition again lol.

The only thing I could think of would be to revert the game to the way it was before. Whichever guild gets the mob first gets it. There are no bag limits, rotations, etc. However, you would have a "consolation prize" for the guild that came in second. They would get to pick one piece of loot after the winning guild got their top 1 or 2 picks.

However, I think that is a bad idea, because it would be hard to determine who was in "second place", and there would have to be some criteria to prevent a lazy guild from just loot training the "consolation prize". You would need to be able to disqualify the losing guilds from the "consolation prize" if they did not try hard enough.

There is a reason why games are either competitive or rotated (instanced). You just can't really mix them due to their antithetical natures.