Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 04:48 PM
Aviak

Default advise gearing my sk

I am going to gear out my level 9 sk which has been shelved and stripped down to nothing for awhile while I tried other classes since coming to the server recently. I will sell all of my enchanter's stuff and some of my druids and hopefully end up with about 3k to spend, maybe 4k. I will be duo'ing with a shaman mostly with some full party grouping as main tank. How would you gear him?

I have 2 of the 5/55 rings for him so far and 3-4k to spend now.

thanks
Piety- Lvl 8 High Elf Paladin
Chromatica- Lvl 7 Half-Elf Bard
Suckapunch- Lvl 3 Human Monk/ Tailor
Old 07-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Do you have the no drop shield that drops from the rogue epic mob in Kith yet? If not, I would hang out there waiting for someone to kill him and ask for it. Pair that with a spine piercer, and you have a weapon and shield for basically free that will last you a pretty long time.

Next, buy a full set of banded for about 100p. Then, start buying darkforge pieces as you see them in EC to replace banded. You might be able to get all the pieces before your money runs out.

Get either a bloodstained mantle or tattered mantle or crested spaulders for your shoulders, basically whichever you see cheapest. Werewolf skin cloak also pretty cheap for your back. Mask of wurms is probably the best face you can afford and stay under budget. Try to find a sludge girdle or seb scale belt for your waist. Chipped bone collar for your neck.

Earring is the only slot that's going to suck because you won't be able to afford earring of essence or ivandyr's hoop or fingerbone hoop or even diamondine earrings on that budget. Look for maybe 2x gold sapphire earrings or electrum has the opposite stats (4str2int), but you probably want the higher INT more as a troll.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 07-09-2015 at 05:26 PM..
Old 07-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Kobold

Looks like a Troll from your sig, so cant use that shield.... clay guardian shield is cheapish 25ac 50hp, blood fork is 15/28 and cheapish if you can find one for sale.

A Nathsar greatsword is a good cheap 2hander until 20.

What's your highest level char? Farming your own set of darkforge would be the best bet for armor if you can.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:06 PM
Aviak

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thiefboy777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like a Troll from your sig, so cant use that shield.... clay guardian shield is cheapish 25ac 50hp, blood fork is 15/28 and cheapish if you can find one for sale.

A Nathsar greatsword is a good cheap 2hander until 20.

What's your highest level char? Farming your own set of darkforge would be the best bet for armor if you can.
Level 19 is my highest
Old 07-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Kobold

Ok won't be able to get your own Darkforge then. There are some really cheap ac items you can buy, Enameled black chestplate, Azure sleeves etc... just fill out the slots you cant afford with banded or bronze.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:59 PM
Aviak

Well, my budget just dropped by 2k, I put the gear from my chanter that I was gonna sell on the ground in a couple bags to get my with druid to sell and I couldn't log back on. It took me 10 minutes to get back on and stuff had disappeared. Last time I make that mistake.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, my budget just dropped by 2k, I put the gear from my chanter that I was gonna sell on the ground in a couple bags to get my with druid to sell and I couldn't log back on. It took me 10 minutes to get back on and stuff had disappeared. Last time I make that mistake.
Petition this information, they will restore you the gear in time if it was not picked up by another player and actually did expire. Just takes time.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:41 AM
Sarnak

Ouch, that truly sucks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2015, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

If you have 1-2K, buy a decent 2H weapon for a couple hundred PP. You're a Troll so you have Slam anyway, so not having the shield doesn't matter so much. Fill out your armor with banded or bronze (either/or) then just save the remainder towards higher quality equipment, haste, or a circlet of shadow.

Danth
Old 07-10-2015, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have 1-2K, buy a decent 2H weapon for a couple hundred PP. You're a Troll so you have Slam anyway, so not having the shield doesn't matter so much. Fill out your armor with banded or bronze (either/or) then just save the remainder towards higher quality equipment, haste, or a circlet of shadow.

Danth
No, do not do this. Spread your money around to buy ARMOR with stats like HP, mana, stam, and MR. Do not funnel all of your money into a single item, much less a weapon. You're an SK. You're an SK without haste. Your DPS is going to suck either way. You'd be much better served pumping up your HPs and tanking stats and being a great TANK instead of a low quality DPSer.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread