Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Go ahead and make a mage or necro and afk level it. Everyone is welcome to there is more then enough spots in norrath. Just because you don't want to do it doesnt me every isnt allowed too. Its fair because everyone can make a 50 necro or mage if they want right now. This is like a warrior saying manastone should be removed because he doesn't have mana.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

That is a ridiculous faulty-logic analogy.

Manastone isn't a broken mechanic. It is an item that is only usable in certain zones.

...and like I said, I have a mage as my main. I refuse to exploit.

Planting a pet down across a zone from where you're sitting (literally across the entire zone) and having it kill mobs with absolutely no human interaction, ever, with no repercussions is an exploit. I don't know how anyone can see anything other than that. This is why it was fixed on live.

Hey, while we're at it I could use spots around the zones that allow me to kill mobs that won't fight back. Hell, by your "logic" this is okay since anyone can do it and it was doable on live as well.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

I have to agree here. Leveling to 50 while AFK is rediculous. By comparison the tumpy tonic quest at least involved some work...

By this logic, Whirl Till You Hurl should not have been nerfed yet either if we are going by live standards.

Basically I just want to know that if we all roll a necro or mage tomorrow and AFK lvl a character, will we be punished or banned? Or is it "all good". (Only GMs need answer this one.)
Old 12-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Removing faction from pets has it's own interesting side effects
could use it to split spawns i guess, anything else?
Old 12-24-2009, 05:36 PM
Skeleton

I understand complaining about something that does NOT work the way it was supposed to in classic, but suck it up this is how it WAS in classic... if your still complaining go make a pet class already!
Old 12-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Do I really have to list every exploit that WAS in classic to counter that retarded line of thinking?...just to prove a point?

We should implement fish rolls back to classic prices too! After all, that's how it WAS in classic. Learn to bake or gtfo? *rolls eyes*
Old 12-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Large Bat

I agree is finawin[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just because something was from classic doesn't make it good.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Aviak

This is pretty ridiculous and should be fixed. Classes in EQ were never meant to be balanced, but being able to level your character up with zero interaction for hours on end is worse than dual boxing imo.

I honestly can't imagine too many people complaining about "I can't AFK level my character anymore, this isn't fair!"
Old 12-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubehacker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is pretty ridiculous and should be fixed. Classes in EQ were never meant to be balanced, but being able to level your character up with zero interaction for hours on end is worse than dual boxing imo.

I honestly can't imagine too many people complaining about "I can't AFK level my character anymore, this isn't fair!"
I agree with this, /afk leveling was no different then using bugged pathing to hit a mob without them hitting you. I've never heard anyone refer to it as acceptable. However it was monitored by players/GM's the same way until it was eventually fixed. Leave pets classic, but start giving out warnings for afk leveling imo

^ It's Christmas and I'm only on a few mins, hopefully you get the point of this busted up sentence ^.^
Last edited by Allizia; 12-25-2009 at 02:01 PM..
Old 12-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allizia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with this, /afk leveling was no different then using bugged pathing to hit a mob without them hitting you. I've never heard anyone refer to it as acceptable. However it was monitored by players/GM's the same way until it was eventually fixed. Leave pets classic, but start giving out warnings for afk leveling imo

^ It's Christmas and I'm only on a few mins, hopefully you get the point of this busted up sentence ^.^

Vouch

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Closed Thread