Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over the past few years, you want to know how many "independent" posts with backed info I've posted over the years that were ignored? Shall I necro bump them all?

How about that root removal if bard selos was already active: I can necro bump a good 50 threads of mine for that alone? I'll give you a hint, my post count is over 500, and probably 75% is trying to get bards fixed.
You still haven't removed charm from your OP.

Which I proved to you was 3tick duration during Kunark and Velious.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You still haven't removed charm from your OP.

Which I proved to you was 3tick duration during Kunark and Velious.
Some of the issues with OP is its not clear what the issue is on some of the issues.

Adding color, bold, makes it hard to read.

Make a list like this:

1. Bard -MR spell (give example, include spell id is a +) does not stack with tash.

Then a breif summary why it should. And a link or 2 to reference material. Any posts on p99, quotes from p99, or links to other threads on p99, are not good references.

It also brings up other questions. Does it stack with malo line too?

Short. Concise. A few legacy references. Referencing a post from 2002+ is crap.

If the issue is not totally clear, with what the fix should be too, I wont waste my time. There are plenty of issues that are clear.

H
Old 10-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Banned

Give Haynar what he asks for and he'll get to fixing it. The get to fixing it part is where you wait patiently.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the issue is not totally clear, with what the fix should be too, I wont waste my time. There are plenty of issues that are clear.

H
Having played a bard on blue, I just wonder about one thing, its kind of major.

On EQlive, when you pull multiple mobs on the same faction, you can charm one, send it into the pack, and all mobs will assist your pets target, on the pet.

On p1999 only the pets target will attack the pet, the other mobs chase the bard. It seems they either don't assist, or agro gained from proximity agro here is a lot higher then on eqlive?

By EQlive I mean 2003ish or so. Pretty sure swarm kiting has been around forever though.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

They sort of swarm on this server. If you charm a tiger in OT and send it on a cockatrice, and swing back around and drop your train on your tiger. The other cockatrice will break off and attack. But I've found it requires that second swinging around.

The bard Tash thing is even more generic than that Haynar. Basically it's like this:

ANY buff, or Debuff cast by a bard. Will stack with a similar or even identical buff or debuff cast by a non-bard. Examples:

Enchanter's Tashanian (57 single tash) should stack with a bard who Procs his Orb of Tishan (which is the enchanter level 44 tash spell).

Normally those two spells don't stack, because they are the same line of spell and slot of debuff. However a bard wielding the weapon and procing it will allow it to stack due to bards being coded stupidly.

Same deal with a Lava Diamond. Magician/Druid DSes don't stack. However a bard can click a Lava Diamond (it's summoned by a Clicky staff from Veeshan's Peak that Mages can use) and stack it on top of a magician or druid DS. However if anyone else tried to right click the diamond and cast it on someone with a Max level DS it would bounce and not stack. Or bards with Blazing Vambraces could click those and stack Shield of Flames on top of a druids Shield of Blades.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:33 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They sort of swarm on this server. If you charm a tiger in OT and send it on a cockatrice, and swing back around and drop your train on your tiger. The other cockatrice will break off and attack. But I've found it requires that second swinging around.

The bard Tash thing is even more generic than that Haynar. Basically it's like this:

ANY buff, or Debuff cast by a bard. Will stack with a similar or even identical buff or debuff cast by a non-bard. Examples:

Enchanter's Tashanian (57 single tash) should stack with a bard who Procs his Orb of Tishan (which is the enchanter level 44 tash spell).

Normally those two spells don't stack, because they are the same line of spell and slot of debuff. However a bard wielding the weapon and procing it will allow it to stack due to bards being coded stupidly.

Same deal with a Lava Diamond. Magician/Druid DSes don't stack. However a bard can click a Lava Diamond (it's summoned by a Clicky staff from Veeshan's Peak that Mages can use) and stack it on top of a magician or druid DS. However if anyone else tried to right click the diamond and cast it on someone with a Max level DS it would bounce and not stack. Or bards with Blazing Vambraces could click those and stack Shield of Flames on top of a druids Shield of Blades.
Sounds like it needs to key off the casters class (ie Bard or not Bard) to determine stackability. Will play with it.

H

Can try that. Other stuff has gotten too complicated
Old 10-07-2014, 03:48 PM
Developer

It really is going to depend on what the client allows too, when its buffs that show on client.

I would need to track what class cast buffs through zoning. Another pita.