Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2019, 05:39 PM
Banned

Pretty much all of modern pop music. The fact that an asshole like Drake has a private jet proves something is very wrong with the market. Rihanna and Gaga are ok but probably overrated.

Madonna is overrated. Not because she is crap, its because she is simply passably good by modern standards yet held up as some kind of genius in pop music.

Bush is not overrated, because he gets a lot of hate and is not universally liked. It's like Nickleback, you can't call him overrated when he gets booed off stage periodically, even if he isn't that good.

I personally hate Arena rock, and consider the entire genre a blight on Rock, and is probably overrated because of how many people seem to throw some ACDC or Kiss songs into an otherwise good rock radio station or establishment.

Metallica's later stuff kind of sucks, their best stuff was Ride the Lightning. Some like the "kill them all" era too, IDK its ok IMO. Not sure if they are overrated because the opinion I just gave is incredibly common.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much all of modern pop music. The fact that an asshole like Drake has a private jet proves something is very wrong with the market. Rihanna and Gaga are ok but probably overrated.

Madonna is overrated. Not because she is crap, its because she is simply passably good by modern standards yet held up as some kind of genius in pop music.

Bush is not overrated, because he gets a lot of hate and is not universally liked. It's like Nickleback, you can't call him overrated when he gets booed off stage periodically, even if he isn't that good.

I personally hate Arena rock, and consider the entire genre a blight on Rock, and is probably overrated because of how many people seem to throw some ACDC or Kiss songs into an otherwise good rock radio station or establishment.

Metallica's later stuff kind of sucks, their best stuff was Ride the Lightning. Some like the "kill them all" era too, IDK its ok IMO. Not sure if they are overrated because the opinion I just gave is incredibly common.
Everyone knows St. Anger was the best Metallica album.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

You really like that gif eh dudette. I can probably shrink it down for you and you can make it your avatar.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:12 PM
Sarnak

All (c)rap and hip hop
Old 05-27-2019, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

90s grunge has a special place in my heart, I remember hearing Smells like teen spirit on the radio as my aunt was taking me to Boy Scouts, and I think I still channel the 90s really hard with my taste in style / makeup for better or worse.

Think the last thing I liked on the radio was Incubus - Pardon me. Grunge / good alternative was pretty solidly dead by that point and I went into a big classic rock phase, which I’m now mostly sick of. Then I got into prog rock and melodic death metal. Always hated guttural screaming, but higher pitched screaming and melodic metal do it for me.

Atm I’m just listening to doom metal where it’s like required the singers can’t sing worth a fuck (Black Sabbath / Electric Wizard / The Sword?) and Queens of the Stone Age / Kyuss and other stoner rock.

Grateful Dead always makes me happy. How anyone can dislike the Beatles confuses me, but it’s ok. I will sing along to Sublime till the day I die. Slayer / Sepultura / Pantera is a painful reminder of my I am totally not gay fellas teen years drinking & puking off shitty coors light / Jack Daniels, but I still like them.

Carina Round - Into my blood - first female singer I liked. Love Fiona Apple, Regina Spektor, Daughter, Yeah yeah yeahs, Jolie Holland, The Distillers, Daughter, Ingrid Michaelson.

That’s what I like. Guess I never considered anyone overated. I just decided I don’t like that music and stopped listening to it. Thread is weird music nerd debate.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-27-2019 at 10:19 PM..
Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much all of modern pop music. The fact that an asshole like Drake has a private jet proves something is very wrong with the market.
Pop music is marketed towards 15 year old girls.

You don't strike me as a teenage girl.

Which is probably why you don't like it.

Wonkie probably likes pop music because he is in fact, a 15 year old girl.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

THE SMITHS

morrissey sux
twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 05-27-2019, 10:44 PM
Aviak

Tool, Nine-Inch-Nails, Pink Floyd.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pop music is marketed towards 15 year old girls.

You don't strike me as a teenage girl.

Which is probably why you don't like it.

Wonkie probably likes pop music because he is in fact, a 15 year old girl.
i dont mind pop music, because im not aware it exists. stop finding things to get grumpy about, ya nerd
Old 05-27-2019, 11:16 PM
Banned

90's Make up:

aba1bdd6b1a96735c4afbf9f3e5a41f7.jpg
Closed Thread