Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 10:16 AM
Banned

Just posting here to say

all 3rd world contries that have natural recorses are 3rd world so if anyone is suprised someone from a developed nation, flys over there, see's there is no law, and helps them exploit their country to sell all those recorses, then they are just living sheltered lives.

And shelterd lives result in people going "there are such things as IM-m-m-m-m-agration lawsss???"
Old 06-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just posting here to say

all 3rd world contries that have natural recorses are 3rd world so if anyone is suprised someone from a developed nation, flys over there, see's there is no law, and helps them exploit their country to sell all those recorses, then they are just living sheltered lives.

And shelterd lives result in people going "there are such things as IM-m-m-m-m-agration lawsss???"
Quite possibly the most stable post I've seen in eons.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:19 AM
Banned

also

This is the left Today:

"History does not look back and smile upon the people who follow tyrannical laws, they look back at those that stood up and said Im not following your unjust laws!"

WHILE ALSO THEY SAY

"we should make it illegal to say you cant use a bathroom and also make it illegal to own guns and also make it illegal to not refer to someone by their chosen identity and also make freedom of speech less broad and limit some of it with LAWS LAWS LAWS"

Seriously you cant make this shit up. Its reality. Sad.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just posting here to say

Mick, compare mass immigration to imperialism. After all, skilled labor is just another resource. Then ask Leftists why they support the practice of imperialism.

It's effectively the same as the CIA swooping in and destabilizing countries.

Then accuse Leftists of supporting war, imperialism, and CIA regime change.

It's fun.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:37 AM
Banned

Who's making it illegal to be upset at bathrooms? Since you went there:

I don't care about what you say or think. If I'm using the bathroom and that makes you uncomfortable, please say so and I'll try to accommodate your feelings by waiting or using another one.

No you may not call the police on me and check my birth certificate and jail me, fine me, or assault me just because you felt uncomfortable.

It's the letter of the law, and the idea of the law that is wrong. North Carolina's HB2's intent was to enable citizens to use the police to violate my privacy. You could have always called the police before if I was doing something wrong, but you couldn't use your feelings just to pry into my birth certificate until the law.

In one case I have to be doing something wrong in that bathroom for the police to become involved and use force against me. On the other hand, with HB2 I don't have to do anything wrong, your opinion about my sex or biology is all that matters. That's not the exercise of free speech. That's plane old witch hunting and discrimination placed within the law.

Both our opinions are valid. In public we have to compromise. My free speech doesn't Trump yours, nor yours mine. Because this is a matter of opinion the law has to take both our perspectives into consideration no matter how wrong we think the others is. The law also protects us from discrimination on the basis of sex. So my opinion of a man or woman doesn't bar them from free association within our public society. The Heritage Foundations opinion on the law isn't and shouldn't be the law and can never be without violating the law itself or my freedom of speech. Conversely a city ordinance forbidding private business from segregation might be aswell. But again, these are public spaces leased from the city. The law has to take harm into account. It's clear I'm part of a protected class if you go learn the facts. Laws that discriminate against transgender people are harmful. The law is about facts. Not feelings.

If you want to usurp the rules of law and violate my rights in public spaces, we are going to have a really bad time. I'm very sorry about this.
Last edited by Irulan; 06-22-2018 at 10:40 AM..
Old 06-22-2018, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I'm using the bathroom and that makes you uncomfortable, please say so and I'll try to accommodate your feelings by waiting or using another one.
I'd let you use my bathroom if you needed it, Irulan.

I even clean it sometimes.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Banned

When the media is on the same side as a political group, and together they stand up against the other political groups, you live in an authoritarian fascist dictatorship.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/border-...er-speaks-out/

Quiz:

Is the party that wants to get rid of the bill of rights and in legue with the media the fascists?

Or is the party that wants to protect a citizens rights above all and limit the power of government the fascist?

Please explane.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Banned

I'm not happy about the centralization of power either. I'm really mad at the Patriot Act. Obama and Trumps executive order slinging and everyone trying to push their agenda through the Federal government. Though I to some degree understand the push back. I am still unhappy about it. I don't want to have the ACA the way it is. I don't want to force you to pay for my welfare. And I don't want my social security and medicare to be mismanaged. I also don't have great solutions to the problems we face other than get rid of the regulations. Let everything collapse. But if we deregulated health insurance and healthcare. We'd be left right back at square one. Companies would inflate our economy by charging $300 for a shot of insulin. Which would be a boon to one industry, but neglect the other problems we face, like why do so many kids have type II diabetes? Somehow we have to find a way to work together if we want to ensure a better future. We can't just rely on free markets to solve these problems. Not when a few large companies can control the markets. I want society to work and be based on merit facts science and equality without bias and work for the greater good.

Neither party seems keen on these goals. They both just exist to take our money and attention for ideological reasons without fulfilling any real goal.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not happy about the centralization of power either. I'm really mad at the Patriot Act. Obama and Trumps executive order slinging and everyone trying to push their agenda through the Federal government. Though I to some degree understand the push back. I am still unhappy about it. I don't want to have the ACA the way it is. I don't want to force you to pay for my welfare. And I don't want my social security and medicare to be mismanaged. I also don't have great solutions to the problems we face other than get rid of the regulations. Let everything collapse. But if we deregulated health insurance and healthcare. We'd be left right back at square one. Companies would inflate our economy by charging $300 for a shot of insulin. Which would be a boon to one industry, but neglect the other problems we face, like why do so many kids have type II diabetes? Somehow we have to find a way to work together if we want to ensure a better future. We can't just rely on free markets to solve these problems. Not when a few large companies can control the markets. I want society to work and be based on merit facts science and equality without bias and work for the greater good.

Neither party seems keen on these goals. They both just exist to take our money and attention for ideological reasons without fulfilling any real goal.
woke accelerationism there toots.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woke accelerationism there toots.
Thanks. Perhaps where I differ from the left is that I don't think our government can solve these problems. And where I differ from the right I don't think private enterprise will.

Take nutrition as an example. The bread we use to make was water, flour and salt. It took a day to rise and didn't take fast acting yeast.

Industrial bread, or technological bread is made with pure white flour and 31 other ingredients. McDonald's bread is made with lots of sugar.

People with gluten intolerance (not celiac disease) might switch away from bread and feel better, they think it's the gluten but it's really the additives.

There's no industry or market in doing bread the old way. Doing bread the new way free'd women from making it.

Both private industry and our government don't really understand these things, nor is it in their interest to solve them.

If we want to fix this kind of mess we are going to need to get globally woke and stop feeding the systems that are perpetuating our problems. We can do this by working together in our communities with our neighbors and by abstaining from supporting and interacting with these multinational institutions. And yes, our government is essentially an international welfare installation. We need a standing military and we need to interact at some level with the globe. But we shouldn't outsource our labor or markets and we shouldn't buy from corporations that do. If we stopped this we could slowly and organically restructure our communities and turn our country around.
Last edited by Irulan; 06-22-2018 at 12:49 PM..
Closed Thread