Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is another. This is a damn joke. Put that same Ryzen POS against my i7 5820k. That's what AMD is claiming. Ryzen will cream i7s in all these benchmarks. That img is the 1700X with turbo off verses a damn i5. Are you kidding!?
Old 02-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here is another. This is a damn joke. Put that same Ryzen POS against my i7 5820k. That's what AMD is claiming. Ryzen will cream i7s in all these benchmarks. That img is the 1700X with turbo off verses a damn i5. Are you kidding!?
english?
Old 02-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
english?
Bottom line:

The early (and I mean REALLY EARLY) benchmarks are showing that in certain scenarios, a $500 part is as fast/faster than a $1000 part. http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1800...g-performance/

This means that things like the I7 6950 that is currently selling for $1700 will have to come down in price in order for Intel to sell any of them.

Nothing is certain, yet, but if you look at the buzz around Ryzen (combined with AMD's stock price in the last month) this new chip is going to do very good things for us as consumers.

Thanks, AMD. PS, bring back the pencil overclocking! Those were the days, son! Those were the days!!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dude.

http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-7-1800...g-performance/

That's Broadwell; we're on Haswell.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The early (and I mean REALLY EARLY) benchmarks are showing that in certain scenarios, a $500 part is as fast/faster than a $1000 part.
This is probably the coolest frigin part imho...
As a person who strives to look for deals on high quality computer parts,. I always hope that the prices get cheaper.

However knowing how the prices work in the pc harware industry,.. Intel will release something that's faster and it will be 100-200 bucks more expensive. BUT FASTER..

>_>

ps. I stand by what I said in my first post. We should have hardware that would be released in 2020 at the current rate of hardware releases. And companies are just dragging it out to make more of the almighty dollar.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Banned

Meh they still aren't as good on single core. For emulation that at most requires 3 threads I'll pass. I hope they do catch up tho so intel chips become cheaper. But for my needs I'll stick to my i3 skylake.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

The future is multi-core though.
right?

I cant wait for non server ram that's 256gbs sticks.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs down

ok, i think all you all need to step away from the technical jargon epeen stretcher for a moment and talk real for us >.>

i not paying $500 for a computer part. what this mean for the <$200 parts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Banned

Your future. I mainly do emulation. It doesn't require multi core. Just 3 threads at most. Single core speed is way more important to me.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ok, i think all you all need to step away from the technical jargon epeen stretcher for a moment and talk real for us >.>

i not paying $500 for a computer part. what this mean for the <$200 parts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is totally fine,. Your average user and most average gamers really don't need the top of the line. But for people who's work is influenced by their hardware. This stuff is a big deal.

The grandma who gets an a high end pc rig and fiber optic net for checking her banking/facebook/family pics is spending way, way too much for a service and hardware that could be used by real enthusiasts.
Replace grandma with your relevant term...
Last edited by Baler; 02-24-2017 at 07:35 PM..
Closed Thread