Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 06:06 PM
Sarnak

I was just there to check out the camp myself. I charmed a maiden, send it to attack a mistress. I jump to land, and i go pretty far up on the ledge, to the opposite side where my pet is fighting. I drop charm and I get insta-summoned. I was NOT right on top of them, and I was definitely ON land. So yes, to claim that you are 100% safe on land while pet is fighting in water might be "officially" correct, but in practice it is not. Nevertheless, it seems like a pretty good camp. On my first mistress kill (shitting bricks during the fight, btw), I looted Netted Kelp Pantaloons and a diamond. On my second attempt, I used my WC cap, because of the little "bug" mentioned above [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
So practice makes perfect and you will probably die a few times. In all fairness I had help from guildies when I got mine.

But the red spot in the middle right on the edge of the water I believe is a safe spot that you can pop out and not gain agro from the temple or side sirens.

The Neriads underwater you wanna pull with tash, drop agro by jumping on the safe ledge, back in the water tash the 2nd Neriad , drop agro by jumping on the safe spot. swim back down slow one of the Neriads, Jump out to drop agro, drop back into water and cast BA on the non-slowed Neriad. Once charmed the Slowed Neriad will jump on your pet. Toss a haste on your pet. Pray your charm doesn't break. Camp your agro so your pet heals quickly. At this point you can re-charm and torch, jump out of water to drop agro (make sure shes fully healed). When your rdy for the next one repeat tash, jump out, slow, jump out, charm.. pet attack, camp agro....
I'm thinking of doing this; great write up! Question though... you said above to camp the agro. Can't you just break charm while on land after your pet wins the fight and let it heal that way? Not sure why camping is necessary.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

To save your faction, /q out of the game when the mob is at ~3% so your pet wins the fight but you don't take a faction hit.

Also, I am no expert on the camp, but I have camped 4 shawls in my time and I never got summoned when on land. For the people who are getting summoned, are you KoS? It seems like that shouldn't matter, but who knows.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:51 PM
Kobold

I mentioned earlier that I didn’t get summoned from land but it did end up happening to me much. I think agro just doesn’t immediately reset so if you get unlucky on timing you might get summoned pretty much simultaneously on the break. I think if the enemy mob is slowed then the odds of it happening should be very small. But there’s a chance I still don’t really know why it’s happening hah.
Closed Thread