Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveslug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless he's twinked out like 99% of all low level characters, he will never be "good enough". And unless he shows up before prime time, chances are that popular zone that's going to have the people to group with will be over flowing.
Not saying he wont / cant get groups, but chances you will get a group every time you log in is just a lie. Parked my cleric many a time, because of this. And no amount of friends will help you conjure up groups.
This is abject nonsense. I see brand new p99'ers all the time leveling clerics up quickly in their mix of random +wis chain and leather. Next thing you know they are 50+ and their guild is fastracking them to thurg plate and an epic.

The overpopulation can be real but we don't know what time zone he plays in and really finding a heal replacement is often a problem in those zones. If he's patient he will get the groups.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

groups want clerics, but more importantly guilds want clerics
Old 07-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Banned

39-60 just do /who all ench and send tells to enchanters +\- 5 lvls of you, the two of you can easily find somewhere to outlevel anyone except a bard.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is abject nonsense. I see brand new p99'ers all the time leveling clerics up quickly in their mix of random +wis chain and leather. Next thing you know they are 50+ and their guild is fastracking them to thurg plate and an epic.

The overpopulation can be real but we don't know what time zone he plays in and really finding a heal replacement is often a problem in those zones. If he's patient he will get the groups.
I never said he couldn't level to 60 naked, or get groups. The "good enough" was in regards to twinked healers, as he would never be "good enough" compared to a twinked healer as a new naked player.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Create a tank class or DPS. Im only lv 21 warrior, 20 Druid and 10 Ranger but I’ve noticed almost every time I group their are plenty of casters and healers, mostly druids but plenty of clerics too, but always looking for DPS or tanks to round out the group and take the hits or pull the baddies. Just my personal experience so far with P99. But it all comes down to what you like really and what you’ll be happy with.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Leave it to EQ nerds to start fighting about the best healing class. The amazing thing about EQ is that it brings that real DnD feeling. It is really about role play, even though the game has been figured out 1000 times over. It doesn’t matter what class you make; it matters how you identify with that character and the story you create for yourself. Play whatever race / class combo you have fun with and identify with and enjoy the journey.
Last edited by Rang; 07-22-2019 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread