Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Default Questions regarding Druid epic!

Hey lads!

I've been on a bit of a break from P99, and getting that itch to come back for some adventures.

After raiding a bit and experiencing some endgame raiding on my Shaman, and seeing how desperate my Child's Tear situation is with the competition for those damn Golems I was a little disheartened with my chances of ever getting my Shaman Epic. Then I saw them getting MQ'd for hefty prices and It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I've played this damn game for nearly 18 years and I still have never had an epic!

I was considering dusting off my old mate druid Pikn, and having a go at the Druid epic - but the wiki checklist looks a bit long and confusing (but also full of adventure). Is the epic difficult for casual play? I could definitely get a small raid force for the smaller static targets, and am happy to run around foraging up stuff. To my Druid brothers that have completed the epic - what were the major bottlenecks apart from VS?

I guess another question I had on my mind - are golems still socked 24/7?

Cheers guys!
Old 05-30-2018, 12:40 PM
Banned

Casual player here, and I finished my epic for my druid no problem! Actually, the VS part wasn't even a bottleneck. Nor was Faydedar. The worst part was the tainted aqua goblin in Lake Rathe. That was an awful camp, and by far the worst part in my experience. It's the only epic I ever completed, but it wasn't hard. Can get lonely sitting there waiting for tainted and corrupted spawns, but in no way was the epic hard. Feel free to contact me in game if you wanna pick my brain, or even if you need help!
Last edited by bigjeff100; 05-30-2018 at 12:46 PM..
Old 05-30-2018, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Velious trivialized Druid epic, with the hardest parts all being MQd regularly now. Whatever you can’t solo you can easily buy depending on your money situation.

I have a MQ available for the corrupted seahorse in kedge which is the hardest corrupted you will have to kill. So hit me up if you’re interested!
Old 05-30-2018, 05:17 PM
Banned

Kedge is a pain, but if you can find a few chaps down to exp, then Kedge is a wonderful adventure! Great exp, and as a druid you can charm in there too. So grab a tank and a healer/dps, and get to swimming!!
Old 05-30-2018, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kedge is a pain, but if you can find a few chaps down to exp, then Kedge is a wonderful adventure! Great exp, and as a druid you can charm in there too. So grab a tank and a healer/dps, and get to swimming!!
Ouch. Hatin on my mq
Old 05-30-2018, 05:59 PM
Banned

Haha sorry Crede! I didn't mean to!! Xap- Buy Crede's MQ, it's much easier that way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-31-2018, 10:04 AM
Aviak

Whatever you do keep posting videos on youtube!!!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever you do keep posting videos on youtube!!!
Oh and mate don't worry about that, I'll record my very likely quadding and charming deaths for your enjoyment!
Old 05-31-2018, 10:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I did my druid epic (on Test) basically solo - the only help I asked for was for Faydedar (duoed with a Mage), and I lucked into Phinny's piece (a group had just killed him when I got there and offered it to me).

This was with a tank merc and around level 58ish, so here on p99 you'd probably only need a small group for assistance on two or three fights?
Old 05-31-2018, 10:19 AM
Banned

Faydedar will definitely take more than a duo... And i'm not sure what this "Phinny piece" you're talking about is. You only kill seahorses in Kedge for druid epic.. So to clear it up- You'll need assistance for VS/VSR unless you pay to MQ that part. And then Faydedar. Kedge you'll want the assistance of a buddy or 2, but if you are seriously dedicated, you could get away with charming and soloing. But I never found it worth the risk.. Druids don't have the mechanics to be greatest charmers. That place is scary haha.
Closed Thread