Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 01:06 AM
Aviak

Default Trying to get going

Hey everyone. I'm an old player looking to get into everquest again, I love the idea of this project. However, I'm on a mac and that seems to be making my ability to play on project 1999 quite difficult.

I've done a lot of researching and it seems that in order to play I need to download project titanium for windows.. but I can never get to that point because the file to get titanium isn't being shared, if you catch my drift. Am I out of luck?

I also downloaded crossover and was able to get standard EQ running from the free download on sony's site, but I'm not sure what to do past that point.

I'm sorry for having to bother all of you with these questions as I'm sure it's asked a lot, but I've done a lot of reading, downloading, and youtube watching and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I hope some of you can help.

Thanks and hopefully play with you all soon

- Keith
Old 08-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Titanium client is required.

A lot of new players start the game pretty confused and not really sure how to begin until they figure out all the controls. Think of the less gear dependent classes like a seed for success, some are better than others but they all grow eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you catch my drift.
- Keith
Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Large Bat

I downloaded it last night, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the site I got it from?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Keith,

I am playing on a mac and would have no problem helping you out setting up EQ. IF you PM me or know a vent server we can chat I will happily explain and share files with you in order to get you going.

The guide I used can be found here for reference:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=281
Old 08-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Kobold

Remember when you DL titanium from certain sources you get all the key bindings and UI settings of said orginial source. Makes for some strange playing at the beginning when tells are in yellow and none of your buttons do what they are supposed to be doing.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Remember when you DL titanium from certain sources you get all the key bindings and UI settings of said orginial source. Makes for some strange playing at the beginning when tells are in yellow and none of your buttons do what they are supposed to be doing.
On the Mac install you actually have to generate your own eqclient.ini file so you don't get any obscured settings. This is because of windowed mode and resolution conflicts.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithjinternet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey everyone. I'm an old player looking to get into everquest again, I love the idea of this project. However, I'm on a mac and that seems to be making my ability to play on project 1999 quite difficult.

I've done a lot of researching and it seems that in order to play I need to download project titanium for windows.. but I can never get to that point because the file to get titanium isn't being shared, if you catch my drift. Am I out of luck?

I also downloaded crossover and was able to get standard EQ running from the free download on sony's site, but I'm not sure what to do past that point.

I'm sorry for having to bother all of you with these questions as I'm sure it's asked a lot, but I've done a lot of reading, downloading, and youtube watching and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I hope some of you can help.

Thanks and hopefully play with you all soon

- Keith
A certain Bay has what you are looking for. The one I obtained had red99 in its name and worked great.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
A certain Bay has what you are looking for. The one I obtained had red99 in its name and worked great.
ARGH! MATEY! Just fearful of those Pirates!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Aviak

I downloaded the red99 one, but can't seem to get it working for the life of me. I've followed the instructions on here to a T, but nothing... it just hands on the icon and never opens.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keith,

I am playing on a mac and would have no problem helping you out setting up EQ. IF you PM me or know a vent server we can chat I will happily explain and share files with you in order to get you going.

The guide I used can be found here for reference:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=281
Thanks I'll give this a try. I've tried everything else! Can't hurt! haha
Closed Thread