Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Aviak

Default Why I love Classic EQ

I don't there's one main reason why classic continues to be so much more fun than any other MMORPG I've ever played, but a combination of things. I love how traveling and getting around is a pain in the ass. I love how the classes and races are in line with classic dungeons and dragons/fantasy themes. I love how leveling up means more powerful spells that take longer to cast, as opposed to WoW where everything seems to cast in a second.

And I think a big part of it is that all of the sitting and waiting for spawns, boats, teleports, groups.. it all makes me have to engage with other people. I do wish EQ had more actual quests, but I think the things that make it so difficult and tedious are also kinda the things that make it more fun. I'm so glad to be back and thank you to the P99 community for making this server possible.

!!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

I envy you
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 PM
Kobold

Totally agree.
The timesink factors in this game lead to an incredibly interactive social community. That's always been my favorite aspect of EQ... the forced interaction. You need to rely on others for a multitude of reasons, and if someone is an asshole or untrustworthy, it MATTERS. I feel like this point is where most other MMOs I've played have gone wrong... the social aspect just isn't there, and anonymity is king.

In EQ, since you spend hours upon hours with people even in the lowbie zones, you get to know names and you become aware of personalities. You learn who to avoid, who is incredibly beneficial to have around, or what names to look up if you need a quick port or rez. This is the only game that I've encountered such importance being placed on personality and interacting with others. Fucking love it.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree.
The timesink factors in this game lead to an incredibly interactive social community. That's always been my favorite aspect of EQ... the forced interaction. You need to rely on others for a multitude of reasons, and if someone is an asshole or untrustworthy, it MATTERS. I feel like this point is where most other MMOs I've played have gone wrong... the social aspect just isn't there, and anonymity is king.

In EQ, since you spend hours upon hours with people even in the lowbie zones, you get to know names and you become aware of personalities. You learn who to avoid, who is incredibly beneficial to have around, or what names to look up if you need a quick port or rez. This is the only game that I've encountered such importance being placed on personality and interacting with others. Fucking love it.

Nailed it![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread