Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 10:10 PM
Kobold

Default Excessive tailoring fails since patch

Since the patch I've noticed a huge uptick in the amount of fails when tailoring Velious armor. If the still level hasn't changed from 335 from before patch chance of success should be at 50.25% if tailoring is at 250 skill. Which seemed to fit the pattern of tailoring in the past. (anything over 200 is your %) example tailoring 225 =25% chance of success. Here are 3 screenshots of my tailoring since patch. When I was 247-250. First screen success rate it 29% Second is a horrible 14% lastly is 28% when I'm 250 skill.

This isn't a small sample size of say 10 combines. This is 62 combines with an overall success rate of 16 out of 62 or 25%.

Can you please look into this. With haze panthers at 1k a pop 62 fails to 16 successful is just insane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tailorfail.jpg (97.7 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Default Got this error msg crafting black pantherskin boots today

Error string not found (8053). I did manage to succeed at skill 250 after 4 or 5 tries - got two pair boots.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHooker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't a small sample size
It kind of is, though
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It kind of is, though
Yeah you're right. But who has sample sizes in the thousands where we could get a real accurate % with 335 skill combines? They are pretty pricey per combine. At least with tailoring anyhow. I not an expert on the other trade skills. Perhaps it was just and extremely unlucky and costly string of bad luck. It would just be nice if someone could look at the code and confirm nothing has changed.
Old 05-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awweshux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Error string not found (8053).
FIX for this Error Message:
  1. Open the file eqstr_us.txt with a text editor
  2. Insert the line for 8053 at the proper position.
    Code:
    8034 Usable
    8053 You have created something new.
    8500 Request Adventure
  3. Save the file
  4. Restart your EQ client
Old 05-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHooker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(anything over 200 is your %) example tailoring 225 =25% chance of success.
Is this true? I've never heard or this before. Also, does this apply to other tradeskills?
Closed Thread