Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 01:37 PM
Kobold

much harder to raid at the BBQ now, rooted dragons sux0r
Old 07-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just think that we need to remember, this new meta will get tiresome for everyone, not just one guild, as y’all are so quick to point out. It is fun, as a cleric, I actually do more than press a couple buttons here and there. And there’s a greater sense of gratification when we do kill a mob and I see people win loot. But it will eventually become tedious, for many.
DOOM SPEAK
Old 07-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like or it or not it definitely feels like EQ more then this weird mini game of 5-10 people from each guild trying to outsock or outcoth eachother week in and week out.

Regardless if it has a positive impact or negative impact on whichever guild, i think it was the right move. I've played the tank, healing role, guards add buffer, FTE'r, you name it, all of them feel rewarding but out of all of them cleric is by far the funnest in ToV now. Very attentive role from just a CH chain at entrance and your hp/resist gear actually do something now.
Yes, I agree and so do many others.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that pulling to zone was a bit cheesy and think the original design was to crawl ToV. However, this new meta has only created a larger barrier of entry. Now, the rewards simply go to the biggest zerg, because you won't need to wait for as many guards to die.

It's only a matter of time before everyone starts labeling Riot the villain and accusing all of them of denying the pixels. Then we will have come full circle, but I question whether Riot will have the self-awareness to recognize their own hypocrisy.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is different playmaking now. Tank playmaking on trash mobs and flurries. Splitting chains and dealing with multiple mobs. Memblurs and holding mobs to secure a kill. Kiting flurries that will instantly wreck everyone. Snap agro knights and speedbumps to stabilize. Pretty much every cycle I see or make a play that makes me go “wow” and it’s not just the pullers anymore.

Monks don’t own the endgame anymore. Sorry that’s less fun for the monks. The rest of us are having more fun.
PSH, mages owned the endgame at the end. My monk is much more useful in today's meta than in the old ones. Abashi is no joke.

But i mean, 95% of the current ToV scene is tank and spank. Oh there's an add? ..Get a tank on it and roll heals. Knights can only tank HoT mobs. Not flurries.

One of our better pullers for a while there was a Shaman. You made a choice whether or not you wanted to be a warm body at the entrance, or actually do something. We've had druids pull koi, We've had clerics pull mobs, Chexi the infamous paladin pulled plenty. In fact, I can't think many classes that couldn't pull mobs in the old era. The Min/max version to do so was probably Mage,Necro,Bard in that order.

I doubt the Azure Guard core who worked for MONTHS and months to get a ToV squad going, finally had the ball rolling, to lose it all is having more fun. Like I said they are a casual guild now.

I'm not saying that crawling isn't fun. The first night the dragons were rooted was one of the most fun nights i've had on p99. (It was also my birthday!) But it's so tedious. It's like.... ToV is Plane of Growth now. I had fun on my first plane of growth raid too.

Clerics have more to do, and have to be on their toes now. I'll definitely say that. But I mean... leveling a cleric is nothing but staring at a wall and healing your tank. Every camp king group on a cleric? you don't move an inch. Or any dungeon? Unrest? Most camps require a cleric to just sit in one place and heal people.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's only a matter of time before everyone starts labeling Riot the villain and accusing all of them of denying the pixels. Then we will have come full circle, but I question whether Riot will have the self-awareness to recognize their own hypocrisy.
The only thing we have in common with AM is numbers. And we have those numbers precisely because we aren't AM. We're good sports. Our officers treat members with respect. Our guild culture is just better.

AM members keep trying to equate things that are not equal. When you shit on the floor for years and someone finally comes and rubs your nose in it, it's not the same. There's no hypocrisy to recognize.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt the Azure Guard core who worked for MONTHS and months to get a ToV squad going, finally had the ball rolling, to lose it all is having more fun. Like I said they are a casual guild now.
We were always more casual leaning guild. We just worked hard to get to ToV, Tempest dissolved at a time opportune for us as well. We received an influx of people who were happy to go hard in the paint for the mobs. We had success and then the meta changed. Meta now favors more serious raiding guilds. I don’t think Azure Guard leadership ever touted we were not casual, just us winning mobs gave the implication.

Also, new meta ain’t as fun imo. I do like the idea of more class value thru ToV now. But I don’t like the leapfrogging because it’s a tactic that can’t be really accomplished by low numbers with reliability. But the meta is the meta and we have to make due with it.

<Gravity>
Old 07-03-2019, 02:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our guild culture is just better.
I get what your trying to say but im still going to argue that! Each person is going to think their guild is the best culture.
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 07-03-2019, 02:44 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics have more to do, and have to be on their toes now. I'll definitely say that. But I mean... leveling a cleric is nothing but staring at a wall and healing your tank. Every camp king group on a cleric? you don't move an inch. Or any dungeon? Unrest? Most camps require a cleric to just sit in one place and heal people.
Only lame clerics play in full groups. Duoing (particularly leveling) cleric/enchanter is nonstop attention, movement, clutch saves, and crappy Cars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2019, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing we have in common with AM is numbers. And we have those numbers precisely because we aren't AM. We're good sports. Our officers treat members with respect. Our guild culture is just better.

AM members keep trying to equate things that are not equal. When you shit on the floor for years and someone finally comes and rubs your nose in it, it's not the same. There's no hypocrisy to recognize.
Yea, keep telling yourself that, but objective evidence paints a much different picture. AM is a large guild full of humans that are flawed. Some of them can be clowns, some of them are nerds, some are great people, and some are plain cuckoo. Most people fall on a spectrum, where they are decent people most of the time or some of the time. However, even decent people can have moments of weakness or become toxic when emotions get the best of them. We are human after all and we make mistakes no matter how much you may think your shit don't stink.

If AM was as horrible a place as you claim, and the guild culture so toxic, then AM would have died a long time ago. Yet, here it stands. And it has stood much longer than your guild, so objective evidence is simply not on your side.
Closed Thread