Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 05:05 PM
Large Rat

Default New Player - Zayran the Shaman

Hello! I figured I would make a post on the forums introducing myself to the server. My in-game name is Zayran and I am playing an Iskar Shaman. I played some EQ as a child in the early 2000s, only hitting 10 as a Warrior before I moved onto other games.

Now older I figured I would give it another shot with some friends. So far we have had a positive experience with generosity from others (10 starting Platinum and buffs). Project99 wiki has been a huge help!

Playing in a small group with a Monk and a Necromancer primarily (all three of us are new) so if you see us in-game on the ramp in Field of Bone say hi!
Old 07-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

WB man
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 07-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

You guys picked an awesome trio and starting area! Have fun! Lots of synergy with a Sham/Monk/Nec.

Once you guys outgrow the field of bone, look up "p99 Kurns Tower" for fun up to level 20 or so
Old 07-16-2019, 01:31 PM
Banned

You pretty much picked the best starting trio out there.

Enjoy it, try to keep your friends going and of similar level. You guys will breeze to 60 w/ that trio.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the advice! Tonight we almost made it to 7 from 4/5! Lots of parties on the ramps! Someone dropped us a sweet buff that gave us 300 HP and that was awesome.

Through research we decided that we should save the Spider Silk as a group to help our Monk, Frohman, get a Cured Silk set. We are currently looking for someone who can craft the pieces if we provide the spider silk. We will tip of course!
Old 07-17-2019, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khidash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Through research we decided that we should save the Spider Silk as a group to help our Monk, Frohman, get a Cured Silk set. We are currently looking for someone who can craft the pieces if we provide the spider silk. We will tip of course!
Just my recommendation.....skip cured silk armor and go straight to Wu's. This quest/armor should hold you pretty well through level 12-15. http://wiki.project1999.com/Curscale_Armor_Quest

Once your group has enough bone chips to keep the necro happy sell the rest to finance a set of Wu's. Kurn's Tower was mentioned earlier; I second that suggestion. If you can avoid killing badgers and stay at dubious faction with them you can keep killing in Kurns until level 25 or so in the basement tunnels. There's also the Mirgon Dower's Head quest that's really nice for the necro.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Awesome tips Blingy! Wish I would've known about that necro quest as a youngster in Cabilis!
Old 07-17-2019, 04:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I am locked out

2 days now it says i have an active character on the server and i still cant get in
Old 07-17-2019, 07:17 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just my recommendation.....skip cured silk armor and go straight to Wu's. This quest/armor should hold you pretty well through level 12-15. http://wiki.project1999.com/Curscale_Armor_Quest

Once your group has enough bone chips to keep the necro happy sell the rest to finance a set of Wu's. Kurn's Tower was mentioned earlier; I second that suggestion. If you can avoid killing badgers and stay at dubious faction with them you can keep killing in Kurns until level 25 or so in the basement tunnels. There's also the Mirgon Dower's Head quest that's really nice for the necro.
Thanks for the advice! I was looking into sets and I had read Wu’s was a great set. I’m still new to the whole EQ money scene, but I assume on the wiki when it says items sold for 5, it means 5 platinum (in relation to the auction pane on the right hand side)? If that is the case then yes, given just general selling to vendors before bone chip/spider silk sales to players that Wu’s is a great choice to pursue now than later. We’ve had some concern on spell costs as we go but from my own numbers I don’t see it being a huge issue.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I've got a bunch of random Wu's stuff rotting in my bank that I can dig up. Not a complete set but it will get you started.