Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Raid rules tend to benefit the top 1% of raiders, whether by intent or not.

COTH racing was killed cause it could be botted. Only a matter of time till someone writes a bot to foot race perfectly. Many other games have had TAS bots, if you think it can't be done for EQ you're wrong.

The idea of one person being the determinant of whether a guild gets to attempt a target is ridiculous. Even guild wide DPS racing would be better. Other alternatives? I don't know. FTE with being allowed to camp out on bosses might work too. So many targets in Velious plus most of those targets would not quite be possible to instant engage on pop.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hyjal, your troll post was well placed. Squarely in RnF where it was destined to reside.

May it live in infamy as the post from the group that treated the rest of the server like lesser mortals for so long then had the table flipped so hard they cried uncle.

I think the new meta is being inclusive rather then exclusive. That must be one he'll of a culture shock.
Do you even play on p99? lmao

I agree with a lot of what Hyjal said. The experiment may have "Failed" due to red not being able to raid ToV anymore. Adjustments need to be made no doubt.

But I am having fun. I did like the older metas better. And I also like the raid scene being freshened up.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

How many days has it been since the last big Hyjal crazy outburst?
Old 07-20-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I also like the raid scene being freshened up.
I'm not sure it's a good thing that for ten years this server has tried unclassic raid mechanisms, and for ten years none of them have ever lasted.

It seems to me a good emulated server (of any game, not picking on P99 devs, just speaking abstractly) would get itself working the way the original it's trying to emulate did ... and then stop changing. You know, the way everything else except raiding works on P99 (because the devs are incredible and awesome at re-creating classic EQ except when the raid scene makes them lose their minds and forget what was classic).

But without our rooted dragons and FTE messages, how can we possibly play classic EverQuest, you ask? By trying something truly new, 100% classic, and 100% successful whenever it's been tried (in a limited fashion) on the server: rotations.

Of course, I know it will never happen: why have people raiding the way people raided in '99-'01 when we can keep making up new non-EQ games every so often, amiright?

But I'll keep shouting against the wind anyway.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But without our rooted dragons and FTE messages, how can we possibly play classic EverQuest, you ask? By trying something truly new, 100% classic, and 100% successful whenever it's been tried (in a limited fashion) on the server: rotations.
0% successful to those whose sole enjoyment in the game is denying pixels to others.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-20-2019, 07:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure it's a good thing that for ten years this server has tried unclassic raid mechanisms, and for ten years none of them have ever lasted.

It seems to me a good emulated server (of any game, not picking on P99 devs, just speaking abstractly) would get itself working the way the original it's trying to emulate did ... and then stop changing. You know, the way everything else except raiding works on P99 (because the devs are incredible and awesome at re-creating classic EQ except when the raid scene makes them lose their minds and forget what was classic).

Of course, I know it will never happen: why have people raiding the way people raided in '99-'01 when we can keep making up new non-EQ games every so often, amiright?

But I'll keep shouting against the wind anyway.
You realize that casual guilds used to have a rotation on P99 right, and it wasn't exactly successful it created tons of drama. Too many guilds tried to enter the rotation so guilds would get a dragon like Gorenaire once every 4-6 months, smaller guilds that couldn't kill things on their own would team up with other smaller guilds but still maintain separate slots in the rotation, This upset the larger guilds in the rotation who felt the smaller guilds were double dipping, but the guilds couldn't find a compromise and eventually the larger guilds broke the rotation and the smaller guilds formed CSG to compete against them.

Rotations are neither original or 100% successful when it comes to P99, I personally liked the old class system where the casual rotation existed, but I also understand that the rotation was extremely flawed and it was always destined for failure.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that casual guilds used to have a rotation on P99 right, and it wasn't exactly successful it created tons of drama. Too many guilds tried to enter the rotation so guilds would get a dragon like Gorenaire once every 4-6 months, smaller guilds that couldn't kill things on their own would team up with other smaller guilds but still maintain separate slots in the rotation, This upset the larger guilds in the rotation who felt the smaller guilds were double dipping, but the guilds couldn't find a compromise and eventually the larger guilds broke the rotation and the smaller guilds formed CSG to compete against them.

Rotations are neither original or 100% successful when it comes to P99, I personally liked the old class system where the casual rotation existed, but I also understand that the rotation was extremely flawed and it was always destined for failure.
If you're referring to the Class C/R stuff, that was not a rotation (so it doesn't count, either as failed or successful).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
If you're referring to the Class C/R stuff, that was not a rotation (so it doesn't count, either as failed or successful).
I forgot that you are the rotations expert, and only your opinion on the subject is right, my mistake.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
wasn't it something silly like Class C(competitive), FFA, Class R(rotation)

so yeah a system that only rotates 1/3 of the mobs would be destined to fail. it was an effort made in bad faith to 'disprove' the dialectic.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot that you are the rotations expert, and only your opinion on the subject is right, my mistake.
Doesn’t sound like he’s suggesting or displaying that at all. He wasn’t being a dick to you so don’t be a dick to him.
Closed Thread