Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Default Neriad Shawl

This item looks amazing. How hard is it to get? I haven't spent much time in SG at all. Is this something a high level chanter can get solo or is a group needed?

Also how to people counteract the negative str. My chanter only has 60 str as is!
Old 07-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Yes you can solo it, mostly by taking advantage of jumping out of the water clearing mermaid and fish aggro. It isn't too easy to get to when you're kos in the zone though, depending on see invis stuff locations.

You counter low strength by having wr bags (and often using bedlam, too).
Old 07-22-2019, 12:36 AM
Large Rat

many moons ago, on live servers I went to get the illusion mask for my bard with my shaman friend fully expecting to be there for hours trying to find it.

Zoned in, killed the first mob at the entrance....

...it dropped the mask XD ..or shoulder piece whatever it was that turned you into a water elemental [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

hmm at least I think it was a water elemental... took too many hits to the lambent helmet I think
Last edited by ScribinTheScribe; 07-22-2019 at 12:44 AM..
Old 07-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Kobold

It took me a good 4-5 hours as a enchanter/cleric duo but I believe I was just having bad luck
Old 07-22-2019, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

i got it in like 3 kills iirc
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 07-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

I got it in 6 hours solo.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:31 AM
Kobold

I'm interested in trying this and I swam all over the zone as I’m still not kos there. I saw tons of neriad mobs there, and I understand the water aspects of clearing agro. Problem is I didn’t see too many locations where you could jump out of the water and not be near a mob. Those that didn’t have mobs near on the ledge usually didn’t have neriads in the water. Once you are kos, are you clearing the ledge then killing neriads or am I just missing something?
Old 08-11-2019, 06:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm interested in trying this and I swam all over the zone as I’m still not kos there. I saw tons of neriad mobs there, and I understand the water aspects of clearing agro. Problem is I didn’t see too many locations where you could jump out of the water and not be near a mob. Those that didn’t have mobs near on the ledge usually didn’t have neriads in the water. Once you are kos, are you clearing the ledge then killing neriads or am I just missing something?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So practice makes perfect and you will probably die a few times. In all fairness I had help from guildies when I got mine.

But the red spot in the middle right on the edge of the water I believe is a safe spot that you can pop out and not gain agro from the temple or side sirens.

The Neriads underwater you wanna pull with tash, drop agro by jumping on the safe ledge, back in the water tash the 2nd Neriad , drop agro by jumping on the safe spot. swim back down slow one of the Neriads, Jump out to drop agro, drop back into water and cast BA on the non-slowed Neriad. Once charmed the Slowed Neriad will jump on your pet. Toss a haste on your pet. Pray your charm doesn't break. Camp your agro so your pet heals quickly. At this point you can re-charm and torch, jump out of water to drop agro (make sure shes fully healed). When your rdy for the next one repeat tash, jump out, slow, jump out, charm.. pet attack, camp agro.

That is a massive wall of sleep deprived text but that's pretty much how it goes. It will prob take a few trys to make work correctly.

If you become K.O.S. you can use the same tactic with the sea horse's
-Tash a horse
-Jump out
-Lull from ledge
-Repeat until you can get to safe spot at temple

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 08-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Extremely helpful! Thanks so much! I saw that exact spot and was worried it wasn’t safe. It must not be too big of a safe spot. We will find out!
Old 08-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Note that you can calm water mobs from land, so even a crit lull fail doesn't aggro. But they do resist a boatload so it takes ages.

When I did it most/all of the edge was safe, not just the middle spot.
Closed Thread