Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if I agree with this except the diet and rest part. You aren't going to get strong/grow if you just show up and max out and then call it a day. You also have a great risk for injury by starting at your max first. I would strongly advise against that. It seems counter intuitive to do a work up because you feel you're using more energy to get there, but that's not the way it works. Your body needs to prepare for its max. And you aren't going to be lifting shit if you injure yourself. You will be drinking kratom smoothies with dino.

One thing I can't stress enough is resting between sets. If you need to take a 3-5 min break while maxing that's ok. That's only going to benefit your next lift. I also have either protein powder in water or just honey in water for some extra energy during lifts.

Hope this helps.

Kaizersoze, are you working other parts of your legs as well? And what exercises?
I wasn't referring to just hitting a single everytime he does this. Nothing wrong with hitting your heaviest sets first after warming up properly. I was referring to his comment on not being able to do more the 1 in that set because he may be fatiguing himself to far before he actually gets to it
Old 07-23-2019, 12:56 AM
Kobold

Honestly probably the major problem on people having injuries is most going for all these gainz don't do anything preventatibe maintence. See a lot of people with shit hip\ankle mobility loading barbells with hundreds of pounds and tearing apart their meniscus or grinding out there hip capsules when they can't even do it with just the barbell correctly. There's a lot more to this then just growing stronger and smashing weights out
Old 07-23-2019, 01:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly probably the major problem on people having injuries is most going for all these gainz don't do anything preventatibe maintence. See a lot of people with shit hip\ankle mobility loading barbells with hundreds of pounds and tearing apart their meniscus or grinding out there hip capsules when they can't even do it with just the barbell correctly. There's a lot more to this then just growing stronger and smashing weights out
Now that's something I completely agree with you on. I try to incorporate core and stability workouts into my routine.

I think one of the most underused machines for men is the standing multihip/glute machine. I will do the standing hip extension, hip adduction and abduction. I've also been doing a lot of forearm work since wrists are one of my weak spots. It's been helping immensely.

Something I've been wanting to try for more stability is the double barbell press with lower weight. Nothing crazy.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally helped a guy with a stroke learn how to walk again today, and helped teach a family how to range their son with a TBI to prevent contractures so they could take him home from the hospital safely. Yea, it involved "massaging" a tendon to facilitate reflexive inhibition of muscle tone. If that makes me a masseuse, so be it... it's a pretty fun job.
Great job on assisting this guys regainz!

I went too hard on my bike last September and my knee still flairs up, any advice on helping it get a fuller recovery?

I'm going to be a Paul bearer for my cousin today so I suspect the knee will be suffering tomorrow. He was a good lad though so it's the least I can do for him.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of you are fit lol
I bit

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:47 AM
Banned

Not fair!!! Mead has a pump and i'm in the office! But shit, i got nothin to hide, i'll bite! Fuckin nicely done as always Mead. My dude.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2019, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Well I laid my cousin to rest. Lowering the coffin wasn't as much of a physical strain for the knees as I feared it might be. I did shed an unBritish amount of tears though.

He was a cycling fanatic but died suddenly at home, early 40s. 'Natural causes'. Leaves behind a little girl and her mother. Not really natures way for things.

He was a decade older than me, and as such always a role model for his motivation, genius and kindness. I loved him and will miss him deeply :'(. RIP.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well I laid my cousin to rest. Lowering the coffin wasn't as much of a physical strain for the knees as I feared it might be. I did shed an unBritish amount of tears though.

He was a cycling fanatic but died suddenly at home, early 40s. 'Natural causes'. Leaves behind a little girl and her mother. Not really natures way for things.

He was a decade older than me, and as such always a role model for his motivation, genius and kindness. I loved him and will miss him deeply :'(. RIP.
Condolences. Shitty.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Jimmy Jams- My apologies for your loss man. That's never an easy situation. Celebrate his life, pick up where he left off in his memory! Much love to you and yours Jams.
Old 07-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for your condolences, but it means a lot. I respect the gains thread members. Good supportive bros.
Closed Thread