Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guys delusional, dont listen to him. The definition of monopoly is being the only guild to kill anything. TMO did this for 2.5 years. Server firsts literally has nothing to do with monopolies lol.

Also, half of IBs server firsts were bugged / exploited mechanics [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^
Old 10-09-2017, 03:09 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like salt to me.

I was in IB -> TR -> Rampage -> Awakened and TMO never dominated during any time I was raiding. Granted I quit the game a few times, so it's possible during one of my breaks in (late?) Kunark they were more active.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

No. While IB and IB legacy guilds have far more firsts than TMO and its legacy guilds, TMO still has the longest and most dominant period on the server.

It utterly choked Kunark for years averaging for months at a time 90%+ spawn monopolization. The depth to which it was entrenched in VP with parked characters, rare clickies, and 24/7 train police was staggering.

You can talk about who was better and more skillful all day long and what would have happened had X received more or less GM favoritism than Y, etc. etc., but if you're asking which group held the entire server on lockdown the longest the answer is that it isn't even close.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Kobold

So much revisionist history and glory days syndrome in the thread.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Let's get back on topic please.

This 2x a month Earthquake/Repop is great, and IMO simulates classic as well as can be expected. One important point though - Is this a fully automated process? Do we know if it's literally 100% random times? My point being, is there a chance it happens 4 times in a 10 minute stretch (2x right in a row at the end of Month A, then 2x in a row at the beginning of Month B)? Is there going to be any guaranteed buffer period?

Or, if this is a manual;y executed process that nilbog and/or Rogean will do every time, then forget about all my other questions above.

It'd just be nice to know a teeny bit more about how this all is planned to work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Again, I think this is awesome, I'm just very curious about processes, "pest practices", and such shenanigans.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

One thing that has long been absent from P99 is raid mob up-timers.

On server ups every raid mob is instantly spawned. Many of them should have 0-24 hour Windows where they can spawn after server up. Certain ones like Velious city leaders I believe did not have this. But ToV dragons and open world dragons should have it for example.

It should probably also apply to simulated repops. I'm sure everyone remembers sending out Druids and rangers to track and see what's up after resets! Very exciting stuff classic was.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...TMO never dominated during any time I was raiding.
You must've had time off. TMO dominated some shit for some time. And I think the server was way more toxic at that time too.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErlickBachman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must've had time off. TMO dominated some shit for some time. And I think the server was way more toxic at that time too.
Yeah, they were like a bunch of neckbeards RMTing everyting to pay their rent, guild died when server staff was like wtf why is half your guild RMTing all the high end content on the server.....was just a noob at the time but that's what i remember happening
Old 10-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Sarnak

On red we kill each other for camps and mobs. Not stand in line on some bs list lol
Old 10-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Whatever you're doing over on red seems like it's working. Keep it up.