Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default A very interesting interaction with a cleric.....

Interesting story ahead

So me (lvl 42 wizzard) and my lvl 34 Enchanter buddy are camping dwarf quads in Butcherblock, when he pulls aggro from them accidentally by sitting close to their pathing, resulting in his death.

I send a tell to a lvl 58 cleric I saw earlier that day advertising 96% rezzes. He's pretty friendly at first and we conclude the service we requested from him. That's when interesting things start happening. Afterwards I ask if he'd like a port, to which he responded he'd like to go to skyfire. This Wizard is my first EQ character ever, but I had heard from my friend that got me into this game that the Skyfire wizard port location is terribly dangerous. As a show of goodwill I figured I may be able to outrun the mobs there since my same friend helped me get some Jboots, so I invised him and ported us. Long story short I manage to zone but die to a DOT and I later find out that the cleric also died.

I go and ask my friend from earlier who has a 51 druid if he can assist us with a safer druid port. He hops on gives us superior camo and a port. After we port in the Cleric from earlier goes linkdead so I figured he was just done with us and asked my same druid buddy if he can give me a rez on his cleric alt. After getting that sorted out I noticed that cleric who went linkdead is online again, so i asked him if he needed anymore assistance. After a few more interacting with him he starts to go on about how getting a cleric killed for a rez is either AFK exp farm or 1K platinum. I apologize and tell him that 1K platinum is most of my total savings at this point, but also as a show of good faith I'm willing to come to a compromise. I then state I was surprised Skyfire was where he wanted to go. He then claims that Skyfire was where I requested a rez. I tell him no, that port was the first time I'd ever been to Skyfire. He then apparently gets quite mad and says that he has the logs and is going to post it to faps, whatever that is becuase I've never heard of it. After that he is completely unresponsive to conversation.

I've got an edited version of the logs with all the miscellaneous tells from others deleted in the attachments for anyone who's interested.
Attached Files
File Type: txt edited srewop tell logs.txt (13.9 KB, 239 views)
Old 04-04-2019, 02:08 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe he meant steamfont not skyfire? (Both are port to SF for short)
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:12 AM
Decaying Skeleton

That's true I hadn't considered that they have the same abbreviation, but I know that's not what he wanted, because he specifically stated "Invis and skyfire?" XD
Old 04-04-2019, 02:30 AM
Banned

lol @ him trying to extort money from a 42 wizard
Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 AM
Fire Giant

[Thu Apr 04 00:22:11 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: seriously tho,i lost a week of exp. not good for me at all

Clerics can rez themselves... either extremely bad , or scam artist
Old 04-04-2019, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[Thu Apr 04 00:22:11 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: seriously tho,i lost a week of exp. not good for me at all

Clerics can rez themselves... either extremely bad , or scam artist
Maybe he is ultra casual.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Sarnak

To think this was a number of people's "gaming experience".

Quite fucking insane if you're at all reasonable.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 04-04-2019, 08:09 AM
Sarnak

I smell a RMT cleric account.
Seriously who asks for a wizzie sf port from a 44 wiz? Even if he was planning to DA his way thru he had to know that'd probably get his porter killed. You don't owe him shit.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

[Thu Apr 04 00:57:16 2019] Srewop -> Skelrothar: i never went to BB. u asked for rez in SF. i have faps and am posting it
Old 04-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

I'm running faps as we speak

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread