Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 02:12 PM
Kobold

Default Greens sounds so pleasant

Not every monk/necro being iskar

Groups in crushbone and unrest being a actual struggle with no level 20 fungi tunic rogues

Market going back to being amazing with spider silks/CB belts going like hot cakes

Full bronze/banded being your twink

Cant wait for real EQ1 99
Old 05-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Aviak

Were you here for Blue 1999 in 2010? It was pretty amazing.

-Erlick Bachman, President and CEO of Bachmanity
Old 05-09-2019, 02:27 PM
Orc

Crushbone will be a struggle to find mobs alive, that's for sure. Dunno about a struggle to kill.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Those zones are already a struggle to find mobs. Can’t imagine on green.

Hope to see more people in kerra isle/runneye/permafrost/etc.

I wonder if kedges zem will be reset to what it was pre nerf. Hope to see a few full groups in here as well. Mermaids/seahorses will be good 40s xp
Last edited by Crede; 05-09-2019 at 03:10 PM..
Old 05-09-2019, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

I'll be doing quests in Stonebrunt.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not every monk/necro being iskar
You’re right, instead every monk will be human [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-09-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll be doing quests in Stonebrunt.
Not for awhile you won't. Stonebrunt and Warrens aren't added until later.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

The largest turn-off for me involving Green is the return of hybrid shunning in pickup groups that we'll see all over again. People playing back in 1999 weren't immediately aware of the 40% increased exp penalty that was eaten by the group's experience division. On P1999, everyone knew and it was a real thing. If a group needed a tank or dps and no one else was available, sure, the SK or Ranger were grudgingly welcomed. If a group had rotating members due to the popularity of the location (Think Highpass orcs), you betcha that excuses were made as to why non hybrids were constantly invited in.

We're going to see that nonsense yet again. A halfling warrior is suddenly available and the Troll SK that's been waiting for 50 minutes is passed over due to this delivery of hairy feet goodness? Feels classic.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The largest turn-off for me involving Green is the return of hybrid shunning in pickup groups that we'll see all over again. People playing back in 1999 weren't immediately aware of the 40% increased exp penalty that was eaten by the group's experience division. On P1999, everyone knew and it was a real thing. If a group needed a tank or dps and no one else was available, sure, the SK or Ranger were grudgingly welcomed. If a group had rotating members due to the popularity of the location (Think Highpass orcs), you betcha that excuses were made as to why non hybrids were constantly invited in.

We're going to see that nonsense yet again. A halfling warrior is suddenly available and the Troll SK that's been waiting for 50 minutes is passed over due to this delivery of hairy feet goodness? Feels classic.
Lol you have no idea. Not only will they discriminate based on that, they will also discriminate based on things like optimal race choice and at end game stat allocation. Most people wont take the dark elf warrior when there are a million ogres who cant be stunned.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Was actually quite awhile after release that the whole exp penalty being shared with the party becomae common knowledge, and shortly after it was realized int casters also had a penalty. It wasn't until early kunark that I noticed any sort of "hybrid-exclusion". One of verant's worst ideas ever.
Closed Thread