Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake news
Wonkie would know, he's a male feminist and Islamic ally.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Banned

wonkie is a300 lb 6'5'' trunk diccked retard with a major in Sports Medicine. he supported Jeb Bush in the primaries and even flew to Florida to pay his respects to the Bush Dynasty. you think i'm kidding, but i'm not. he hates muslims even if he pretends to be accepting.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Close enough.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow thats the cleanest Ive ever seen the antifa.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Banned

Elizabeth Warren is the first to propose a high-profile long term solution to escalating counter-productive wealth inequality.

Quote:
How to Cure Corporate America’s Selfishness

Corporations have always been “creatures of the State,” as Teddy Roosevelt once called them. But they have become a kind of Frankenstein’s monster, unmoored from their creators to wreak havoc on the countryside. Corporations no longer consider the broad public interest in making decisions, nor do they worry that the state will ever revoke their license to operate. They only consider the desires of their shareholders, which has led to record corporate profits, stagnant wages, soaring inequality, and a shrinking middle class.

On Wednesday, Senator Elizabeth Warren proposed a counterweight to this relatively recent phenomenon in American business. Her bill, the Accountable Capitalism Act, revolves around a simple idea: The government would grant corporations the right to exist through a public charter, and could use that power to put obligations on corporations to benefit the broader public rather than a small handful of shareholders.

There’s proven evidence that this model of corporate governance can work. “Co-determination,” the term for worker representation on corporate boards, has created a form of capitalism in Germany where workers are far more equitably compensated and decisions are made with an eye toward long-term goals.

But you don’t have to look overseas. America in the 1950s and 1960s followed a model where executives and directors had a broader view of corporate responsibility. Because of structural racism and sexism, not everyone shared in its benefits. But combining a more egalitarian society with a more egalitarian corporate governance would reduce the dissonance between a more socially equal society and a more economically divided one.
Corporate governance is the most underrated element of the modern capitalist economy. Essentially modern corporate structure is the reason America has far more wealth inequality in Europe. Shareholders and capital are completely unbound by responsibility to anything but their bottom line in the U.S..

Even that becomes unenforceable much of the time because the CEO is often the largest shareholder (or leads a constituency that is). So if there is anyway the CEO can enrich themselves at the cost of the company's bottom line, they usually get away with that. In these situations there is literally nothing but their personal wealth considerations.

Time to replace that with a "we're all in it together" approach. Which is clearly shown to work better than the neoliberal arrangement. If you want workers to give a shit about the corporations they work for, you better give them a steak in them. And if you don't want management running business into the ground for their own enrichment, you better not incentivize them to do so.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 08-16-2018 at 02:48 PM..
Old 08-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wonkie is a300 lb 6'5'' trunk diccked retard with a major in Sports Medicine. he supported Jeb Bush in the primaries and even flew to Florida to pay his respects to the Bush Dynasty. you think i'm kidding, but i'm not. he hates muslims even if he pretends to be accepting.
I would vote for wonkie over voting for you, Skarlorn.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

yeah cool i hope taht happens i like capitalism and i also like a bigger middle class
Old 08-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time to replace that with a "we're all in it together" approach. Which is clearly shown to work better than the neoliberal arrangement. If you want workers to give a shit about the corporations they work for, you better give them a steak in them. And if you don't want management running business into the ground for their own enrichment, you better not incentivize them to do so.
Well done, I'm a heathen.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well done, I'm a heathen.
with ketchup?
Old 08-16-2018, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Q: Define "shelf company"?
lmao hes gonna walk
Old 08-16-2018, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with ketchup?
of course.