Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 11:05 PM
Aviak

Default How do you group invite without targetting?

When I use /invite <playername>

I get some guff in text. Is there something else I need to do? Or can you only invite people you can click on? I figured you must be able to invite remotely somehow or else why is CoH useful? Tips appreciated. Thx.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Its easier than you think

1) "Dropping an eyeball" : Mages have a spell called Eye of zomm / Eye of tallon - which creates a little eyeball, now any pet summoned into invalid part of the zone, or a spot that would "fall thru the world" will instead be created at the zones "Safe point" for MANY zones in the game this is usually the zone in point (see the travel guide section for further info on safe points / evac locations for various zones).

Now usually this spell summons the eyeball at their feet which doesn't get you very far, however if you are max shrink'ed in EQ your camera will actually clip thru walls, while your player hitbox will still collide with it. This allows fully shrinked mages, and gnomes in particular to summon a eye by shoving their character's face into a wall, this will "drop" or create the eye in a invalid location, thus instead creating the eye at the zones safepoint, allowing the mage to then acquire targets his eye can see and invite them to group

2) using an "Anchor" : a mage can be at a designated location or put into a specific location and get into a group with another player thru various means - dropping an eye if able to do so, the other player has "Vision spells and uses these spells to hop mobs deep into the zone until they can "see" the mage thru NPC eyes and thus invite them to group , then this "Anchor player" invites other players into the group from his/her specified location for the mage to summon
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 03-26-2019, 12:12 AM
Aviak

Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you. It also explains where my pet goes when I've accidentally stood too close to a wall.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:52 AM
Kobold

On live, eventually a quality of life change was made where you can just /invite player name from anywhere and they will get the group invite. After being on p99 for so long this took me quite a bit of time to get used to when I started playing on progression servers. All that said, this feature is intentionally disabled on p99, as it did not exist on live during the scope of the p99 project timeline. Sort of like the map, for example.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

A couple people have told me that /rtarget works. I have had mixed results using this but maybe I'm just not using it right. If there's anyone out there that can elaborate please do tell.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A couple people have told me that /rtarget works. I have had mixed results using this but maybe I'm just not using it right. If there's anyone out there that can elaborate please do tell.
/rt targets the person who last sent you a tell, if they're within range to target of course. A must for any buffing class.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by taamas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/rt targets the person who last sent you a tell, if they're within range to target of course. A must for any buffing class.
At least on raids it's super convenient.. In groups maybe less so, since people ask for buffs via tells a lot less.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

I did not realize that they had to be within a certain range. So that's why it doesn't work all the time. Thank you Loramin for clarifying that.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds not classic to me boys lets patch it up
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Kobold

I've had /rt target someone as far as from EC tunnel entrance back to T2. Then other times can't target from entrance to T1. Seems to be very reliable when close to you, but haven't figured why I could target someone at T2.
Closed Thread