Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I dont know how to say this, but this investigation, it's just people abusing their power to help push their political message.

It's conspiracy with a lot of media, angry people in power, and ultra wealthy people that control all this shit.

This is a perfect example of partisan identity politics, completely flying over the 3 branches of government, just to help drum up public support during their elections.

Everyone on all sides admits there will be no arrests, no trails, no jail.

This just a public theater designed to help convince voters to vote for the "good guys"
Old 07-07-2022, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know how to say this, but this investigation, it's just people abusing their power to help push their political message.

It's conspiracy with a lot of media, angry people in power, and ultra wealthy people that control all this shit.

This is a perfect example of partisan identity politics, completely flying over the 3 branches of government, just to help drum up public support during their elections.

This just a public theater designed to help convince voters to vote for the "good guys"
Based on the facts that have come out over the past couple weeks I think there is a decent chance that this gets referred to the DoJ for criminal investigation.

Whether they specifically get Trump, a little tough to predict right this second. But I think some of the inner circle will go down.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Saying that arrests will be made because of a witch hunt is like saying that maybe 1 witch out of 10 of the virgins that couldn't swim makes it worth it.

And your proof she even is a witch was hearsay anyway.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tromp very shitty but we don't go back to normal by requiring self-denunciation from members of the other side who in no way participated in his insurrection.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:15 PM
Banned

They can't win. They are just insulating themselves with an angry mob.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Saying that arrests will be made because of a witch hunt is like saying that maybe 1 witch out of 10 of the virgins that couldn't swim makes it worth it.

And your proof she even is a witch was hearsay anyway.
It's a witch hunt to investigate a guy for instigating a mob to pour into the capitol building to try and stop an election. That's an....interesting take, I suppose lol

Most of what's come out in the hearings is either not hearsay or falls within an exemption. But again, understandable that some people wouldn't understand that since if you're not a lawyer it's not something you would ever be well versed in and the hearsay/evidence rules are pretty complex.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

I bet there is a 1:1 correlation with people who voted for Biden in 2020 and people who think this trial is not a witchunt.

Anyone here who is a vocal OT poster that can assure us that they voted for trump in 2020 but feel they were bamboozled now and want him in jail based off what you saw on the news?
Old 07-07-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I bet there is a 1:1 correlation with people who voted for Biden in 2020 and people who think this trial is not a witchunt.

Anyone here who is a vocal OT poster that can assure us that they voted for trump in 2020 but feel they were bamboozled now and want him in jail based off what you saw on the news?
I know multiple people who voted for him in 2020 and don't think the trial is a witchhunt based on how they saw him act after the election. What people forget is that Americans are largely either middle of the road or right/left of center. As a result, they're not just partisan morons who refuse to look at something and analyze it. So there are plenty of people on the "right" including myself who don't think this is a witch hunt.

Not sure how to respond to your second paragraph because it's kind of nonsensical.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone didn't watch the Johnny Depp trial. I only caught meme highlights and the hearsay compilation was hilarious.

But do humor us with your legal knowledge.

Pick a number. Any number.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_803
Asked to provide specific exemptions for the "I wasn't in the car, but Bobby said Trump did this...."

Does not provide any, but then comes back to re-state this exemptions BS.

Quote:
Most of what's come out in the hearings is either not hearsay or falls within an exemption. But again, understandable that some people wouldn't understand that since if you're not a lawyer it's not something you would ever be well versed in and the hearsay/evidence rules are pretty complex.
Hey pal,

Pick a number. Any number.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_803

Narrator: Seedy, actually read through the law for once. What he could understand, he realized did not apply in this case. Will he admit CNN lied to him, or will he admit the lady's testimony was hearsay? Stay tuned.
Last edited by Castle2.0; 07-07-2022 at 01:20 PM..