Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 10-18-2022, 06:22 PM
Sarnak

Default longer angry golbin time

Angry goblin roll time needs to change from 10 seconds to 20-30 seconds. Sitting at a camps for 5-7 hours at a time to be told your late and your roll doesn't count after being there for multiple hours is dumb AF. Especially when you get congratulated by other players that know who the real winner should be.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:33 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you don't got cords, consider being active.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:40 PM
Sarnak

as you can see a troll that supports the 10 second rule. obviously has no wife or children that he/she needs to talk to and might be a few seconds late on a 10 seconds roll.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like Tuna has a fair question.

Why is the timer for Angry 10 seconds instead of 20-30 like Scout, Ring 8, or Ring 10?

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative.
Last edited by Philistine; 10-18-2022 at 07:22 PM..
Old 10-18-2022, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like Tuna has a fair question.

Why is the timer for Angry 10 seconds instead of 20-30 like Scout, Ring 8, or Ring 10?

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative.
The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on peopel that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunawiggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on peopel that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.
Sorry you were late, hope that helps, grats.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

They don't call it angry goblin for no reason
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 10-18-2022, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).
Ahhhh that is enlightening thank you! It surprises me that people would do that to themselves and/or others, but I appreciate that we all have different priorities and expectations in this game and in life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunawiggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on people that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.
This definitely seems frustrating. Rules are rules, but it sounds like a frustrating rule. If someone fumbles their mouse, typos their /random, hits their wrong /random macro, etc. they're going to be SOL.

I realize that may very well be part of the intent of a 10 second rule (ie, it heavily favors those who can actively sit and look at their screen for the full window and discourages wimps like me from even showing up in the first place), but it doesn't seem like a very reasonable timeframe to roll IMHO. Even 20 seconds would allow some small margin of error (don't get me wrong - i'm still not doing it at 20 seconds [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 10-26-2022, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

I think they should all be 10 seconds. Pay attention, if you can't, that item isn't for you.