Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

If I buy a gun, and I dont want it anymore, and I give it to someone, and they use it to rob a bank, it's not my fault.

If it was my fault then the future will be: When I think about looking at a gun online a goverment agency is going to be alerted and my name will go onto a flagged list where all of my other internet posts will be reviewed by an AI system to determine threat levels if any of the threats I have made online are too nuanced for the type of person Horza is to not understand then I will be considered a danger to society and my social credit will go down and my interest rates will go up.

All because I looked at a picture of a gun because I wanted to see what it looked like.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:51 PM
Banned

The other problem too, is who is investigating these threats?? A police officer in uniform coming to a kid’s home and saying “did you post online that you wanted to shoot your classmates?!” is a terrible fucking setup. Police uniforms with all the gear on them are designed to intimidate, I have no problem with that concept. But the combination of intimidating uniform/gear + blunt accusatory question, of fucking course the kid is going to deny it

But send a social worker who begins with building rapport and validating the kid, and all of a sudden you have a whole different interview. “Bullying is so hard to escape these days, it can happen both at school and online now, has this been happening to you? How much has it impacted your life? What are some of the things you think you can do to make it stop?” A kid is still going to have to be fairly dumb to confess to a social worker that they are harboring thoughts of killing others, but let’s face it MOST past school shooters have been fairly dumb kids. And they are more likely to admit it in the second scenario than the first
Old 12-04-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I've seen enough documentaries to know that social workers will just kidnap kids from republicans and put them into drug abusing foster homes or much much worse.

Id never want to live in a country where something Ive said in jest here, or something any of my hilarious kids say in jest, gets us investigated by the state fuuuuuck that.

Id be so pissed off at the accusation that the state would take my kids for sure.
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-04-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Old 12-04-2021, 02:18 PM
Banned

If you could wave a magic wand and entirely eliminate all school shootings, or all inter-personal gun homicide (think chicago), but not both, the majority of people would undoubtedly choose school shootings, even though the latter category represents exponentially more deaths per year.

I'm not sure what to make of this, but I always think about it when a school shooting is all over the headlines. And that's not to minimize school shootings at all.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Didnt the goverment already setup some program where what kids say online is reviewed and they like, the feds contact the parents? And even have made some arrests?

I swear they set this up a few years ago.
Old 12-04-2021, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt the goverment already setup some program where what kids say online is reviewed and they like, the feds contact the parents? And even have made some arrests?

I swear they set this up a few years ago.
I think the country is just too big for that to ever work. I mean god damn think of all the horrible shit kids routinely say to one another over voice chat in like call of duty or whatever. And that game is *about* guns.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

It's all the far sides fault.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2021, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol this dude says he's a vet and has a pic of a terrorist as his avatar

gotta be the bergers
Cant help if you dont know who that is. Get out of the house more. That makes you a shut in and a retard. Go outside. Its nice out. Try watching something that isnt about how you're a victim..
Old 12-05-2021, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol this dude says he's a vet and has a pic of a terrorist as his avatar

gotta be the bergers
yeah he's not a veteran of any military service.

i wouldn't even believe he served in the salvation army.

I can smell stolen valor when its around me
Old 12-05-2021, 02:38 AM
Banned

stealing valor is acceptable when there's no valor to be had in modern us military service
Closed Thread