Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nationalizing Twitter to own the Left. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Both sides (including facebook) are trying to get rid of that internet protections act. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

No need to nationalize, just apply the rule of law and let companies decide if they want to be publishers or platforms.

You read English?
Old 12-03-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

what laws do we have for the newspapers? (serious question) and news media outlets? (I really dont know this isnt my usual snarky peanut gallery)
Old 12-03-2021, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need to nationalize, just apply the rule of law
Sure thing man, government compliance officers embedded in every company.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

what is the ratio of libertarians that think we should do something governmentally about twitter silencing conservatives?
Old 12-03-2021, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

In America we demand the government stay out of our bedrooms.

In China they don't make demands because the government is in every boardroom.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2021, 01:08 PM
Banned

I continue to hold out hope that eventually there will be a mass exodus of all conservatives AND all moderates from Big Tech companies like FB, Twitter

It will take them doing some egregious, and something that affects moderates as well as conservatives. Once the exodus begins, it will be like a snowball rolling downhill, because people are like lemmings. The more that are moving, the more that will follow

Democrats on those platforms will think “good, we want them gone”. But it will hurt the companies, and that’s who I most want to hurt. And I want to hurt them where it counts, their wallets
Old 12-03-2021, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Hmm well.

I hate to break it to you but here are some hard to swallow pills about "conservatives" in tech.

First of all, there are virtually none. At best you have libertarians.

But spoiler, libertarians in northern california, are extremely left leaning, more left than most lefties.

Even if they lean right, they are literally surrounded by HARD CORE LEFTIST RICH PEOPLE who embrace futurist progressive ideas.

It doesnt take long for rich friends who wont shutup about their brainwashing, to brainwash anyone.

This means, a traditional conservative (someone who is not willing to use a microchip in their brain or eye without even thinking about it.) is simply: NOT WELCOME in the tech industry.

They are not even welcome in the region the tech industry thrives.

Ive heard conservatives since the 1990s say "we're leaving" and every time I heard all the libs that rule the industry say "and stay the FUCK OUT!"

so it's their loss.

Tech is a futurist progressive realm.

Maybe that's why after 10+ years of it driving our economy, everyone is depressed because of FOMO and all the healthy people want to kill themselves working 3 jobs. (sorry everyone but patriam)
Last edited by Jibartik; 12-03-2021 at 01:21 PM..
Old 12-03-2021, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any further moderation or editorializing of content is beyond the scope a "platform"
This is simply not true. The platform decides the scope of the platform, and if the republicans act like shitty little brats, they can get kicked off of that platform.

Get fucked, moran.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Closed Thread