Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Seems to me, he got a bunch of like minded friends, out PvP'd and crush opposition guilds who couldn't get their shit together and fight back in any meaningful way. Imagine that, a guild willing to PvP for pixels on a PvP server and you're crying about it.

Fuck off back to blue.
While it's funny to do the whole "you know the timers contest" blah blah meme, in practice if the dominant guild is willing to shit on you 24/7 there really isn't much you can do to build a viable alternative guild unless you have 100+ warm bodies willing to play 24/7 and eat dirtnaps constantly. This goes into the other issue which is that consistent mass pvp really isn't viable because the "losing" guild can simply just camp 12+ alts etc., at raid spots ready to engage while the mob is being fought and wipe the winner out; so what happens is you just have a stalemate of the guild sitting there doing nothing waiting for the other team to login who is also just sitting there, and it's awful and incredibly unfun for everyone involved other than the sickest of people.

Ideally, if there were to be a new PvP box, there would be some sort of rule in place that requires in raid settings only for a contesting force to fight for the right to engage the mob. In theory they had that already with the one hour lockout from calling lns, but then people just gamed that by either camping all their toons out at the engage spot and foregoing the PvP to begin with or never calling LNS, and it's not hard to get the 12+ people required to be allowed to engage mid PvE. And for the people who say "then don't let them camp toons out", it goes back to what makes PvP not fun as only the sickest of people want to stay awake for 24 hours a day defending pull spots from the other side sneaking their chars out there to camp. I think most people enjoy mass pvp that's fun and fair that ends with a winner, and then another fight the next day etc., etc.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Basically, it boils down to the fact that for most people, EQ is a PvE game first and adding a bit of PvP flavor to it makes it more exciting. When the PvP becomes such that PvE is no longer viable, many people become discouraged and uninterested in playing. The counterstrike with elves meme, despite being a vocal minority on the boards, is not really what most people seem to enjoy based upon the server pop and failure of try red posts. By making the rules such that PvP is there for the ability to contest raids and camps [and of course the usual skirmishes and fucking around] but then there is a winner and life goes on for at least some significant duration to allow for people to kill pixilated goblins and dragons, we would likely see more people interested in playing.

In classic you'd have people like Natural at the evil eye spawn in Guk who would literally just bind themselves there and bind rush to stop you from ever being able to do the PvE even if you won the PvP over and over. For some of us that in and of itself is a thrill, but again I'd argue for the vast majority of people that becomes uninteresting and they quit in frustration, because even if they "win" they still can't slay some everquest frogs.
Last edited by heartbrand; 04-30-2019 at 11:14 AM..
Old 04-30-2019, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While it's funny to do the whole "you know the timers contest" blah blah meme, in practice if the dominant guild is willing to shit on you 24/7 there really isn't much you can do to build a viable alternative guild unless you have 100+ warm bodies willing to play 24/7 and eat dirtnaps constantly.
Summary: I only know how to zerg the top zerg guild, but I don't have any friends. OMFG, they have better gear too! And they support Trump!

Fuck off back to blue.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

That philosophy has led to almost no meaningful sustained somewhat equal guild competition in the 8 year history of this box, and has taken us to sub 100 pop. Most people are uninterested in joining a 8 year old server where they will need to bring 60+ people minimum with them, level up to 60 together while being raped by 24 hour a day playing sickos, and then trained/prevented from killing anything meaningful due to the ease of harassing people attempting to engage in PvE. Also somewhat ironic coming from a guy who rolled here when the box was already dead.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

HB, just check yourself into a retirement home. You're done.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Being a newb retard doesn't make you awesome Ignight.

Sorry for this shocking info.

If you are confident you aren't retarded, post an AMA thread so we can all have a laugh.
Last edited by derpcake2; 04-30-2019 at 01:46 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being a newb retard doesn't make you awesome Ignight.

Sorry for this shocking info.

If you are confident you aren't retarded, post an AMA thread so we can all have a laugh.
How about I just log into R99 and not cry about how Tune ruined my life?
Old 04-30-2019, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

I converted 4 years of pixels into oxycodone. I got high for a whole fucking WEEK son, well worth it.

hmu if mad
Old 04-30-2019, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh the staff killed it dude, won’t argue the players are not just as guilty...but I can assure you Sirken griefed off more players than anyone that actually logs in to play
Sirken was miles away the best GM, not that he had much good competition but still.

He listened to more retarded shit, sorted thru more lies, garbage and doctored evidence than anyone here.

This is a terrible place don't get me wrong, but there's some ex-staff worse than maybe any ex or current player.

A fresh box with a fresh face and new chance at better integrity could go far. Who knows maybe they'll even make it classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnome Paladin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
great story heartbrand please don't forget to include you always join the zerg due to you being a weak minded simpleton
He led a guild into a very uphill battle. Maybe he tabbed back and forth between Final Fantasy a bit but it invalidates ur claim. I make this statement despite the fact he's falsely accused me of stealing from him AND when I took something off a raid, gave it to him that the guild stole from him previously. Like. Really man? Took a lot of shit for HBK for that 1.
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-30-2019 at 04:33 PM..
Old 04-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I joined about every guild on the server at one point because I have massive ADHD and get bored quickly / like to shake things up.