Silver Chitin or Scout Bracers,
Chardok 1st ring & Earrings,
Blood Runed gear has amazing HP & AC,
Epic or a ToV weapon,
Pre nerf CoS
Old 01-01-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the gear on this magelo is just... wrong...

Like wearing the 7th Coldain ring full time. 6/65 would be better. I guess an argument could be made that your other ring has INT for mana, but Band of Eternal Flame would be better still. If you're wearing them for MR, please consider putting MR gear in a bag to wear tanking gear unless fighting fearing dragons.

Same for the arms. Get Crystal Chitin Armplates. Dark Runed are Thurg, growth arms are better until you get SS arms. I guess you're wearing them for the mana, though, but doesn't really seem worth...

Two more easy upgrades would be Spider Fur Belt and Barbed Dragonscale Boots, altho the boots have several better alternatives.

The obvious one would be Vindi boots, but hanging out in Kael, you will often see Boots of Dark Passage rotting, and those would definitely be better.

The attack is nice on warrior because they already do so much DPS, but with a knight tank not really having DPS as their goal, I'll stick with my Velium Encrusted Gauntlets
There are three problems with your reasoning behind why my gear is "wrong".

1. You assume max HP is the best stat to get on all classes, at all levels, in all situations. That is incorrect. At higher levels, when a tank is benefiting greatly from STA, you don't need to put as much max HP on, unless you are a raid tank warrior who is getting CH chained.

2. You don't take in to account my race, which is Troll. I already have at least +34 STA over any non Ogre/Troll SK race, which means I can focus a bit less on STA/HP and end up in the same place[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That minimum +34 STA is giving me at least 150 HP at 58 over most SK's.

3. You assume inventory space isn't a factor on melee characters who have a lot of items they need to swap out. I don't have much space left in my bags due to having lots of clickies, weapons, resist gear, keys, spell reagents, etc. Some of my items are designed to give me good coverage in all situations, so I don't need another item in my bags.

Now, on to your item suggestions:

1. Vindi Boots honestly suck really bad. They cost a lot of DKP and barely give you more stats than other easy to get boots. You will also be swapping them for Blood Ember Boots or resistance gear, so they don't get used that often. Sorry you wasted your DKP. Barbed Dragonscale Boots are in the same boat, minus the wasted DKP. Most SK boots suck, so it doesn't really matter what you put there. I use SS Boots simply for the AC and decent balance of stats. They are also easy to get in any HoT pick X group, as plate boots are one of the least popular pieces. If I need resistance boots on swap, I have https://wiki.project1999.com/Tribal_War_Boots , which are better than Boots of Dark Passage.

2. HP rings are overrated at high levels, especially on a non raid tank. I would say I survive at less than 5% health 1/100 times when I screw up at something like pulling. If you screw up bad, you will die anyway, a little bit of extra HP won't help. The MR and ATK is helping me more, and I don't have bag room for something like a 6/65 that I would rarely use. Unless you are a super squishy class like an Enchanter, you don't need as much Max HP gear always on unless you want to be a raid tank. If you are playing efficiently as an SK, you should never be at 100% HP so you can make use of things like HP regen and life tap. This is especially true on Trolls/Iksars, who have great innate regen.

3. Most arms suck, so swapping one for another make basically no difference. Thurg arms are better for low INT SK's like Trolls due to the mana, and they also have some MR. Remember, I have way more STR and STA than most races anyway.

4. Same argument with Spider Fur Belt. I have plenty of HP, but I need more DEX for my weapon procs.

5. Velium Encrusted Gauntlets are nice, but they are a raid piece, and honestly not the best use of DKP unless you like moving them around to other toons. You are paying a DKP tax for them being tradeable. Honestly saving your DKP for Gauntlets of Dragon Slaying would be better than Velium Encrusted Gauntlets once we get into raid item territory. For non raid gloves Fennin Ro works well on Troll, as I get more ATK from them than normal gloves with +5ish STR on them, and most SK gloves have low AC anyway. Fennin Ro also has FR, which helps trolls recover from their innate -20 FR. Gloves also get swapped for Blood Ember, so you aren't wearing them all the time.

6. I don't like Band of Eternal Flame as an item. The -10 CR sucks, so you need to swap it out situationally more often than other rings. I prefer a 6/65 ring over that item. If you want a wider distribution of stats similar to Band of Eternal Flame, https://wiki.project1999.com/Di%27Zok_Signet_of_Service is better.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2022 at 01:34 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are three problems with your reasoning behind why my gear is "wrong".

1. You assume max HP is the best stat to get on all classes, at all levels, in all situations. That is incorrect. At higher levels, when a tank is benefiting greatly from STA, you don't need to put as much max HP on, unless you are a raid tank warrior who is getting CH chained.

2. You don't take in to account my race, which is Troll. I already have at least +34 STA over any non Ogre/Troll SK race, which means I can focus a bit less on STA/HP and end up in the same place[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That minimum +34 STA is giving me at least 150 HP at 58 over most SK's.

3. You assume inventory space isn't a factor on melee characters who have a lot of items they need to swap out. I don't have much space left in my bags due to having lots of clickies, weapons, resist gear, keys, spell reagents, etc. Some of my items are designed to give me good coverage in all situations, so I don't need another item in my bags.

Now, on to your item suggestions:

1. Vindi Boots honestly suck really bad. They cost a lot of DKP and barely give you more stats than other easy to get boots. You will also be swapping them for Blood Ember Boots or resistance gear, so they don't get used that often. Sorry you wasted your DKP. Barbed Dragonscale Boots are in the same boat, minus the wasted DKP. Most SK boots suck, so it doesn't really matter what you put there. I use SS Boots simply for the AC and decent balance of stats. They are also easy to get in any HoT pick X group, as plate boots are one of the least popular pieces. If I need resistance boots on swap, I have https://wiki.project1999.com/Tribal_War_Boots , which are better than Boots of Dark Passage.

2. HP rings are overrated at high levels, especially on a non raid tank. I would say I survive at less than 5% health 1/100 times when I screw up at something like pulling. If you screw up bad, you will die anyway, a little bit of extra HP won't help. The MR and ATK is helping me more, and I don't have bag room for something like a 6/65 that I would rarely use. Unless you are a super squishy class like an Enchanter, you don't need as much Max HP gear always on unless you want to be a raid tank. If you are playing efficiently as an SK, you should never be at 100% HP so you can make use of things like HP regen and life tap. This is especially true on Trolls/Iksars, who have great innate regen.

3. Most arms suck, so swapping one for another make basically no difference. Thurg arms are better for low INT SK's like Trolls due to the mana, and they also have some MR. Remember, I have way more STR and STA than most races anyway.

4. Same argument with Spider Fur Belt. I have plenty of HP, but I need more DEX for my weapon procs.

5. Velium Encrusted Gauntlets are nice, but they are a raid piece, and honestly not the best use of DKP unless you like moving them around to other toons. You are paying a DKP tax for them being tradeable. Honestly saving your DKP for Gauntlets of Dragon Slaying would be better than Velium Encrusted Gauntlets once we get into raid item territory. For non raid gloves Fennin Ro works well on Troll, as I get more ATK from them than normal gloves with +5ish STR on them, and most SK gloves have low AC anyway. Fennin Ro also has FR, which helps trolls recover from their innate -20 FR. Gloves also get swapped for Blood Ember, so you aren't wearing them all the time.

6. I don't like Band of Eternal Flame as an item. The -10 CR sucks, so you need to swap it out situationally more often than other rings. I prefer a 6/65 ring over that item. If you want a wider distribution of stats similar to Band of Eternal Flame, https://wiki.project1999.com/Di%27Zok_Signet_of_Service is better.
nah, all this shit is just wrong. max HP is pretty much the only thing to go for on any melee and some priest/caster classes, too. no reason not to go for max HP even if you're a troll. you're very clearly wearing situation resist gear then go on to complain about situation resist gear, lol. you're just wrong about HP, boots, spider fur belt, everything.

please don't make gear recommendations to anybody else on this forum ever again. i'd recommend deleting your magelo so that nobody else ever has to witness that again.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, all this shit is just wrong. max HP is pretty much the only thing to go for on any melee and some priest/caster classes, too. no reason not to go for max HP even if you're a troll. you're very clearly wearing situation resist gear then go on to complain about situation resist gear, lol. you're just wrong about HP, boots, spider fur belt, everything.

please don't make gear recommendations to anybody else on this forum ever again. i'd recommend deleting your magelo so that nobody else ever has to witness that again.
Nah. Anyone who thinks max HP is the only way to go clearly hasn't played the game enough, or understand mathematical statistics.

You honestly don't need more than 3k HP for most content. Any content needing more than 3k HP usually need disciplines that SK's don't have. Your first mistake is trying to gear your SK for raiding, and no real raider uses their SK for anything other than collecting raid gear for solo/group content[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Building your SK outside of Solo/Group content is silly.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

As for situational gear, you need to think a little harder to understand why Ring 7/Sky Ring are a better combination than 6/65s, especially when it comes to saving bag space. Those two rings give me MR and AC at their core. This means I can maintain my AC bonus and MR bonus in more situations, as there are mobs that have bad MR spells, but not necessarily bad FR/CR spells. That means I only need to swap my rings for Velium Diamond Wedding Rings when I really need FR/CR or a combination of MR/CR/FR. I only need four rings total on my toon, and I am not swapping my 6/65's every time I need to deal with MR (this means I keep my AC more often). Ring slots suck because they are a prime candidate to swap for resistance pieces (since Velium Diamond Wedding Rings are great and cheap), so assuming you are going to keep your 6/65 rings equipped often is silly, unless you have really good raid gear in your other slots which have stats AND resists.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2022 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

d-d-d-double post! there's NO reason to think a ring 7 is better than ANYTHING (other than ring 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, LOL!). and are you really complaining about BAG SPACE? Just get a HAND MADE BACKPACK. They weigh 0.1!

i'm not reading any of the rest of your drivel, and honestly, nobody else should either.

i tried to make some suggestions on how to improve your gear, and you went off the deep-end.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
d-d-d-double post! there's NO reason to think a ring 7 is better than ANYTHING (other than ring 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, LOL!). and are you really complaining about BAG SPACE? Just get a HAND MADE BACKPACK. They weigh 0.1!

i'm not reading any of the rest of your drivel, and honestly, nobody else should either.

i tried to make some suggestions on how to improve your gear, and you went off the deep-end.
I didn't go off the deep end, you just like shit posting and not reading[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you don't understand how the game works, you should play more and read up on it, instead of just assuming Max HP = good. That isn't true, and whoever told you that is also wrong.

EDIT: Also, https://wiki.project1999.com/Hand_Made_Backpack weigh 3.0, not sure what you are even talking about.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2022 at 03:56 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you just like shit posting and not reading
You haven't posted a SINGLE THING worth reading!

Quote:
If you don't understand how the game works, you should play more and read up on it, instead of just assuming Max HP = good. That isn't true, and whoever told you that is also wrong.
It is NOT an assumption. It's well established FACT. Your little note about those shit boots you're wearing having "balanced" stats just shows you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Balanced stats is good raw HP/mana/MR. Those boots barely have any MR and a negligible amount of INT. They are literally TRASH.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, https://wiki.project1999.com/Hand_Made_Backpack weigh 3.0, not sure what you are even talking about.
Your shitty rings that you don't have bag space for weigh 0.1. They don't need to go into a tink bag. They can go into a handmade backpack just fine. Buy more and quit bitching about bag space.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You haven't posted a SINGLE THING worth reading!

It is NOT an assumption. It's well established FACT. Your little note about those shit boots you're wearing having "balanced" stats just shows you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Balanced stats is good raw HP/mana/MR. Those boots barely have any MR and a negligible amount of INT. They are literally TRASH.

Your shitty rings that you don't have bag space for weigh 0.1. They don't need to go into a tink bag. They can go into a handmade backpack just fine. Buy more and quit bitching about bag space.
Yes, I am the one going off the deep-end, when you are just cursing and shit posting. Got it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Resistances and AC will save you more often on most content than max HP. Do you even play the game at high levels? Monsters either don't hit very hard/often due to AC and defensive skills, or hit so hard that there is no difference between 3k and 3.5k hp other than you dieing in 5 seconds instead of 8 seconds. Anything that kills you that fast either needs to be slowed or disc'ed (which SK's don't have).

Please, if you want some basic understanding of the game, create a Dark Elf SK Magelo and you can see the stat comparisons with my setup. They are pretty similar. If you assume a Dark Elf SK with average gear can't play the game, you clearly don't know what you are talking about lol.

EDIT: You also missed the part about Tribal War Boots being better resistance boots than Boots of Dark Passage (I have Tribal War Boots for resistance swap). But that isn't surprising, since you said you weren't reading.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2022 at 04:17 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Resistances and AC will save you more often on most content than max HP. Do you even play the game at high levels? Monsters either don't hit very hard/often due to AC and defensive skills, or hit so hard that there is no difference between 3k and 3.5k hp other than you dieing in 5 seconds instead of 8 seconds. Anything that kills you that fast either needs to be slowed or disc'ed (which SK's don't have).
This is plain WRONG. A creature hitting you for max damage over and over again (think flurry drakes in NTOV) is not going to be stopped by your measly mana pool or a few extra AC. If you stacked max HP, you could survive it longer and get healed. Do YOU even play high levels? If you tried to raid on this character, you would be expected to tank those drakes or you would be LAUGHED AT by the raid for bringing such a useless character. You don't gear for trivial content... it's TRIVIAL by definition.

HP is KING.

I'd offer to help you because you seriously need help with gearing and tanking, but it's obvious you wouldn't listen.

Just quit please trying to spread your misinformation.
Closed Thread