Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 10-31-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huh? you literally root, then slow...and the monk has control every single time

theres no way SK/shaman is better than monk/shaman for standard leveling and basic camps

sure...for difficult duo camps ill take the SK...but the OP never specified this and odds are that isn't the goal of the duo
Yea good luck trying to keep gwurms rooted. But yah I agree monk for general level but if you’re trying to go all in at the end I’d take sk.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea good luck trying to keep gwurms rooted. But yah I agree monk for general level but if you’re trying to go all in at the end I’d take sk.
i wasnt aware the op said hes looking for a duo for gwurms
Old 10-31-2023, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huh? you literally root, then slow...and the monk has control every single time

theres no way SK/shaman is better than monk/shaman for standard leveling and basic camps

sure...for difficult duo camps ill take the SK...but the OP never specified this and odds are that isn't the goal of the duo
I am not sure why ease of leveling matters in this scenario. Duoing makes the game easy to level already. The point of leveling is to get to the end. It honestly doesn't matter if leveling to 30 and stopping with one class combo is better than the other. Leveling to 30 with a duo is already dirt easy with basically any class combo, except maybe Rogue Rogue.
Old 10-31-2023, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck trying to duo gwurms with just a shaman for heals. Not saying it’s impossible, but it’s gonna be nasty.

If you could manage to get them single, this is the type of fight where the warrior with disc would shine.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-31-2023, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck trying to duo gwurms with just a shaman for heals. Not saying it’s impossible, but it’s gonna be nasty.

If you could manage to get them single, this is the type of fight where the warrior with disc would shine.
Yeah GWurms are pretty nasty. I can single pull them to BW zoneline, but I can't solo them with just Torpor. You probably need a lot of wort pots. Not sure if a duo could do it either.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’ve done it heh. Moderately geared monk. Used my Ranger for harmo. It’s perfectly manageable when slow lands. But I’ve wiped multiple times with the sham just trying to slow 4-5+ times and the monk couldn’t pull aggro. Sk would be better who could spam taps/aggro spells while sham keeps them torpd and trying to slow it while sk also has a tash stick going.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

he said twinked, the amount of twink gear with hot, kael bosses (vindi, statue, aow), VP, ring 10 etc, who cares what it is, unless he doesnt really mean twinked. there is levels to this.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

The OP is asking about a sk or warrior. While a lot of other combos would work (I like pally here) I’m guessing it’s a preference of the parties.

Realistically in this case the window for what you can do with a warrior and torp/slow over a knight is pretty slim. Compared to the ability to split camps and move through contact thanks to snare/fd/rest the dead.

That said, a tank and shaman make a very solid basis for a trio. You can easily blaze to 60 and if you have desire to do certain camps add a CC or lull/harmo/fd class and you just get more options.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:48 AM
Fire Giant

iksar shaman necro is my favorite
Old 11-01-2023, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
iksar shaman necro is my favorite
always wanted to do a iksar sham / monk / necro static trio from scratch