Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 09:38 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every high end camp is being perpetually camped now and most of the player base is still sub 40. This gonna get real bad.
And what would people do on a new server? -> Make a lvl 1 toon and start in the newbie zones.
Anybody angered by high end content being camped can already make a new lvl 1 toon on Green/Teal and start in the newbie zones.
I don't see any difference.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

What happened to all the posts about how a new sever would fix all the problems of camps being locked down all the time?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What happened to all the posts about how a new sever would fix all the problems of camps being locked down all the time?
THIS.

Also i'm not sure what high end camps you're talking about, but sol b has been consistently empty every morning for the last week.

CT is empty.

Lguk is empty.

Which "high end" camps are u talking about?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Greed has always been part of the EQ culture unfortunately. It was bad on live in 2000, it was bad on Blue and it's bad on green/teal and likely to get worse. But at least it's classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand this perception that players occupying a space you want is "greedy". In fact I find you perceiving it as greedy, to be greedy. Those individuals are playing a video game the way they'd prefer - why should anyone be forced to do something they don't want to do when they're entertaining themselves?

TLDR - If you think someone is being "greedy" in EQ, you actually have a greedy line of thought in that you are entitled.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spolier alert it's the same people on green and teal camping them...

Shut down IP restrcitons on 2 servers and you'll fix part of the issue.

I know a few people with 40+ necros on both servers locking down the same spawn on both

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR - If you think someone is being "greedy" in EQ, you actually have a greedy line of thought in that you are entitled.
is it greedy to want azeth back?
Old 12-03-2019, 10:30 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand this perception that players occupying a space you want is "greedy". In fact I find you perceiving it as greedy, to be greedy. Those individuals are playing a video game the way they'd prefer - why should anyone be forced to do something they don't want to do when they're entertaining themselves?

depends, if a solo necro is camping a spawn and therefore locking out a full group of none overpowered players that is greedy. Greedy is to not share, solo camping is not sharing.
Its even more annoying when these OP classes do this for drops that are primary ment for none OP classes (see melee)
Old 12-03-2019, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YatilGoldenborn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think as they add the expansions, it'll work itself out though. I know when Kunark came out for real back in the day, things opened up significantly.
Nah, Kunark just gives people more stuff to poopsock, which allows the poopsockers to spread out a bit.

Basically, you should never roll on any P99 server thinking that you will ever be able to camp anything semi-valuable. Nothing short of instancing will ever address the poopsocker question, and that ain't happening 'round here.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically, you should never roll on any P99 server
Old 12-03-2019, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

I'm on teal and lower level and still every good solo spot I try to go to is also almost always already camped. It's ridiculous.
Closed Thread