Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why aren't we in Syria taking care of Assad and bringing democracy to the heathens? Because it's a stupid fucking idea and it's 2020 and even card-carrying House and Senate Republicans can admit it in the current year, yet you can't?
Because Israel is gonna do it for us, and that will be fun to watch!
Old 07-26-2020, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Israel is gonna do it for us, and that will be fun to watch!
💘
Old 07-26-2020, 09:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, seek employment.
Says the person who has to drive into Portland because he can't afford to live there.

Portland isn't even that bad either. The median home price per realtor.com won't even get you a decent condo here.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Hey I bet Topgunben is counting is lucky stars that he doesn't live in Portland. Big cities are cool to visit but suck to live in.

The suburbs are where its at!
Old 07-26-2020, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

The greatest ruse ever perpetrated by the American left was convincing conservative retards that progressivism is somehow liberal. Progressivism is garbage.

This entire BLM George Floyd burn the city down nonsense is complete lunacy. The very idea that black lives don’t matter is utterly retarded as demonstrated by their own success. As far as the media and the rest of the nation is concerned black lives are the only lives that matter. More unarmed whites die at the hands of police and nobody knows any of their names.

Some police do bad things and they should be held accountable. Nobody debates that. Blacks are less likely to be killed than whites once an arrest is attempted, even when accounting for the fact that black and Hispanic officers are more likely to shoot black & hispanic criminals. There is no institutional racism.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Says the person who has to drive into Portland because he can't afford to live there.

Portland isn't even that bad either. The median home price per realtor.com won't even get you a decent condo here.
You think I would choose to live in Portland? Hell no.

I live in WA state, no income tax so I keep more of the money I earn. And I live on acreage with no neighbors in sight. Not everyone wants to live in a concrete jungle.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These Trumptards are as the name implies, retarded. It's a waste of time.

For years we used these sorts of idiots to generally push forward a conservative fiscal agenda and, in my opinion, a vastly superior foreign policy. We hosed these morons off every four years, got them pumped up on Faux News outrage, sent them to the polls, and then sent them back to whatever shithole they crawled out of until the next cycle.

Fast forward 25+ years. Gorged, fat, and insane on neocon AM talk radio and conspiracy theory bullshit, these ideologically stupid and lazy hens have come home to roost.

You can't argue with someone who can't answer a question about the current president without bringing up the prior president, his secretary of state's emails, or calling you a snowflake because he assumes everyone who points out that he's missing the point must be a "liberal".

There's federal overreach in Portland. It should concern EVERY American regardless of their politics. How shitty the city of Portland is being run is not an issue for the fed to solve.
You can actually argue with anybody, if you don't preemptively come up with a million paranoid excuses not to! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2020, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I said was that we're shit poor at fighting wars and that's a fairly verifiable statement to any un-biased observer.
Won't disagree. US military history is mostly a matter of beating up on--and sometimes getting pushed around by--much weaker opponents, be it stone age cultures, poor nations, or nations already tired out by someone else. Yes, that includes WW2, where the Soviets did the heavy lifting in Europe and the Japanese were already getting tired by 1941 after 4+ years of brutal war in China.

And...so what? The mongols of the middle ages were great at war. What are they remembered for? Death, wanton slaughter, and destruction, and not much else. The U.S. will be remembered better by history a thousand years from now. I think you agree with that, too.

Danth
Old 07-26-2020, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Won't disagree. US military history is mostly a matter of beating up on--and sometimes getting pushed around by--much weaker opponents, be it stone age cultures, poor nations, or nations already tired out by someone else. Yes, that includes WW2, where the Soviets did the heavy lifting in Europe and the Japanese were already getting tired by 1941 after 4+ years of brutal war in China.

And...so what? The mongols of the middle ages were great at war. What are they remembered for? Death, wanton slaughter, and destruction, and not much else. The U.S. will be remembered better by history a thousand years from now. I think you agree with that, too.

Danth
The Soviets were only successful in that they just threw wave after wave of human misery at the Nazis until they ran em back to Berlin. It was decided in advance that this was how it would be played. Stalin happily agreed because he knew he would be keeping All The Territory that his millions of troops simply overran.

but yeah, the victors do write the history books.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, that includes WW2, where the Soviets did the heavy lifting in Europe
Zhukov
Closed Thread