Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!

If you aren't a liberal at 20, you're heartless.

If you aren't a conservative at 40, you're brainless

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal, wonders who is going to pay for him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, movie, tv show, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like to be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.

If a conservative needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal will demand that the rest of us pay for his medical care.

If a conservative read this, he'll forward it, so his friends can have a good laugh. A liberal will delete it because he's "triggered and offended."

I don't fear death- it happens to everyone. I just hope once I am dead and buried, I don't vote Democrat. --- since somehow some dead people can do this!
None of those are remotely true of liberals. Liberals are largely extinct in the US or they have been duped into believing that they are conservatives either by progressive garbage or republican cronies desperate for votes. There is very little liberal about American politics. What we have is an abundance of crony capitalism, subsidized failure and perversion of individualism. We’ve a dwindling collection of impotent retards on the right and festering mass of rabid fuckwits on the left. The political landscape is a goddamned crater.

Other than that it was a fun post to read ^^
Old 07-28-2020, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None of those are remotely true of liberals. Liberals are largely extinct in the US or they have been duped into believing that they are conservatives either by progressive garbage or republican cronies desperate for votes. There is very little liberal about American politics. What we have is an abundance of crony capitalism, subsidized failure and perversion of individualism. We’ve a dwindling collection of impotent retards on the right and festering mass of rabid fuckwits on the left. The political landscape is a goddamned crater.

Other than that it was a fun post to read ^^
Boomer fwds aside, please enjoy this picture with words on it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They just don't have a cause.
The thing said about every protest.

I think the vast majority of the people there are upset over issues of racial and/or economic injustice, mostly in the legal system but maybe overall as well. It's not like one person is out there is chanting for BLM while the fifty people marching closest to him are there to support fifty completely different causes across the spectrum of political issues.

You can 100% disagree with the message or concept, but saying there's not a cause is being intellectually dishonest.

I'm not a PETA guy, but when they get together to protest I won't try to say they don't have a cause. I'll just say that animals are delicious and my dog is one the joys in my life.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I like cyan. It is a very good color. In what context should I respond to this ink blot?
Old 07-28-2020, 01:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My mother-in-law has three rentals. She's offered all of her renters the opportunity to purchase the house they live in for below market rate. None of them want to buy. This mindset may be different for some people but the majority of renters want to remain so.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The thing said about every protest.

I think the vast majority of the people there are upset over issues of racial and/or economic injustice, mostly in the legal system but maybe overall as well. It's not like one person is out there is chanting for BLM while the fifty people marching closest to him are there to support fifty completely different causes across the spectrum of political issues.

You can 100% disagree with the message or concept, but saying there's not a cause is being intellectually dishonest.

I'm not a PETA guy, but when they get together to protest I won't try to say they don't have a cause. I'll just say that animals are delicious and my dog is one the joys in my life.
I think this is accurate. Most of the people there are acting on genuine beliefs no matter how unfounded. Were it not for the bricks, fireworks and abundant expletives, it is really no different than people attending church every Sunday. We find the same rates of obesity, self-loathing and rabid devotion to fabricated realities wherein virtue is piled upon he who clears the lowest bar.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like cyan. It is a very good color. In what context should I respond to this ink blot?
Um the thing you said about liberalism and capitalism being modernly corrupted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My mother-in-law has three rentals. She's offered all of her renters the opportunity to purchase the house they live in for below market rate. None of them want to buy. This mindset may be different for some people but the majority of renters want to remain so.
I'm happy with my rental I'm just poking at the melon
Old 07-28-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Let's not be pedantic. We all know he meant they have a weak cause. Some people protest for "good" reasons and some people don't. The "good" part is always subjective.

In other news, remember Umbrella Man the Riot Starter? I was thinking antifa/anarchist operator but no...white supremacist provocateur. I mean he's only a suspect but it doesn't look good for him.

Old 07-28-2020, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Antifa is not a thing outside of the Fox News studios.

There was some time in the late 80s early 90s that anti-facist participants in the Minneapolis punk rock music scene went to war with the skinheads. Do some people call themselves Antifa? Probably. That doesn't make it a thing any more than the American Society of Time Travelers.

There were less than 200 by most accounts the last time "Antifa" tried to hold a national rally.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Um the thing you said about liberalism and capitalism being modernly corrupted.

I'm happy with my rental I'm just poking at the melon
I didn’t say a thing about that though. I suppose I should clarify that I do not believe that either liberalism or capitalism have been corrupted, nor do I believe that the problems we face are uniquely modern. I don’t believe that there is much of a movement for liberalism in the US. I think that it is mostly what we have and people from both sides are trying to tear it apart.

To respond to the Smith quote though, I would have to know more of the nature of landlord rights in the 18th century among other things. I know very little.